Chapter 4

a/n: Warning! From Heizou's POV things get explicit, +18. At the end of the chapter I'm including a dirty drawing of them I drew for this story, it's not extreme but they are nude and it is very suggestive.

***

We got into his office, one he currently shared with two other coworkers. It was quite spacious but somehow felt cramped because of the amount of objects and furniture around. There were a few desks, some cleaner, some messier, a lot of shelves and drawers and I presumed there were still much more in other rooms which would be used as proper archive spaces.

Heizou's desk was... the messiest. I found it cute that he struggled to keep it ordered or perhaps that was his chaotic way of having it organized since the mess consisted mainly of documents, papers, sticky notes, pencils... It wasn't stained or dusty but simply in disarray. He was also managing a corkboard and a whiteboard which had various information written related to cases they were working on. His dedication to work impresses me. He's amazing.

One of his colleagues, who was introduced to me as Owada, shook hands with me. "I was dying to meet you. Heizou showed us the picture and we all had a great laugh with how comical it was." He laughed while another of his colleagues approached us also introducing himself to me. Hearing them mention that picture I could only feel embarrassed. "It'd only be funnier if you took a selfie with them knocked out. You know that this picture will be shown on their trial, right...?"

"Wait, really?" I gaped at them in awe. Heizou placed his hand on my back, "Nah, they're just messin with you. The police took their own pictures while we were talking." Whew, I'm glad. I don't want to be mentioned in the press, I'm sure it'd make people talk and I'd rather not become a public sensation.

"Anyway... tell us. You actually knocked them out with a sword?" Owada was trying to hold back laughter. "I did but I don't think I gave them serious injuries. I kept it in the sheath." Feeling awkward talking about it, I placed my hand on my neck. "Damn. It's kinda impressive. And here Heizou was worried about getting you involved. It's the criminals who should be scared of your detective-samurai duo, haha!"

"Are they making fun of me or genuinely impressed?" I whispered to Heizou. "Don't worry, they're not like that." He assured me. "I'd love to grab a drink with the two of you some time but for now I won't bother you, however I have one request for you, Kazuha." The colleague looked serious and joined his hands together, bowing his head. "Convince Heizou to become a full-fledged detective, please!"

I looked over at Heizou who crossed his arms, slightly annoyed. "I think the decision is his but..." I tapped his shoulder and reached my hand out to him, making him uncross his arms, took hold of his hand and smiled. "I'll support you if you're worried about the future."

He blushed and I noticed his pupils widened slightly before returning to their usual size, "A-ah... I still have to think about it, I dunno..." The coworker seemed to be holding back from showing he was extremely glad to hear Heizou changing his mind.

"I can see that being a detective is your passion, it'd be a shame for you to give up on it." I don't want to pressure him but I do think he needs a bit of a push. I hope I'm doing the right thing. He pouted, "That's unfair, Kazu... if you say that, I'll change my mind for real." After a while of silence and his coworkers holding back their breaths, he exhaled loudly and announced, "Okay, okay, y'all! I'll accept the offer, happy?" His voice had a hint of saltiness to it, it seemed he didn't like being pressured but also I had an inkling that he was happy at the same time.

"Once you talk with our superior, how about you get a day off today, Heizou? Your boyfriend would appreciate some company while he recuperates, I'm sure." He winked at us. I looked at Heizou and then again at his colleague. "How did you know about us? Did you tell him, Heizou?" I was a little taken off guard.