Dinner Invitation

It's that time again. Who's ready for another chapter? I'm stoked to see so many people enjoying my stories, really motivates me to keep writing. If you like my work and want to support me, check out my Pa-tre-on/swoleandnerdy. Shameless plug out of the way, please enjoy the story!

The massive bird growled as her other prey escaped in a crack in the wall. That was the problem with all these small things, they could flee in the tiniest of places. It made for a frustrating hunt.

But, she at least still caught one tasty morale. Even now, she could feel it squirming around in her stomach. Good, the livelier the better. Her children loved it when their prey struggled.

She spread her wings wide and with a mighty flap, took to the sky. She gracefully avoided the dangling cages as she flew back to her nest, a beautiful thing in her opinion.

It was the largest one in the room, with patches of mold growing out of the faded red wood. Thick, grubby termites wiggled out of the wood from time to time, providing a delicious snack. And let's not forget the smell. Ammonia and rotten eggs.

Yes, her home was the perfect place to raise some children. And the location couldn't be better. So many tasty morsels appeared all the time. As long as she could pick them off before the other inhabitants, she had an easy meal source. And the best part was, they had little to no fur, just patches on the top of their head. It made swallowing them a breeze. Nothing to get stuck in her throat.

Which was especially good for her little ones. It was just awful when they gagged on something that was too hairy. She much preferred letting them tear into something that wasn't a choking hazard.

Indeed, Harry wasn't hairy enough to be a problem.

She landed on her perch outside her home, listening to the hungry cries of her children. They were so demanding, but she didn't mind. She was their mother, and they were her precious little babies.

Stepping inside the birdhouse, the incessant chirping grew even louder. They knew their mommy wouldn't come back unless she had something to give them. Hopefully it was one of those pink things. Those were their favorite, so plump and juicy with a satisfying crunch in the center.

Momma gave a loud squawk and they quieted down, but their eyes never strayed from her form. She began to make gagging noises, head bobbing up and down as she retched.

Soon enough, a slimy form appeared. They were delighted; it was one of those pink things. Their mom was just the best.

Harry had a different view of the avian creature. He thought her to be rather repugnant and downright rude. How dare she barf him up! Wasn't he good enough to eat? Did he really taste so bad a literal monster couldn't keep him down?

Perhaps he should have been relieved rather than outraged, considering he now had a chance to live, however small it might be. But he was coated in saliva and vomit, and that was just upsetting. The smell was absolutely awful.

Harry stood up and wiped the offending substance from his eyes. He made his own gagging noise as he did so. This day really was the worst. So bad, the Dursleys were starting to look pretty good.

Now being able to see, Harry shifted his gaze around the enclosure he found himself in. Firstly, it was somewhat dark, with the only light coming in from the hole in the front. It wasn't so dark he couldn't see, but he couldn't make out any fine details.

Not that he wanted to. The image in front of him was bad enough. Three large bids, about the same size as himself, stared at him like Dudley stared at a Christmas ham. It made him very uncomfortable.

And he couldn't forget the biggest bird, the one that stood behind him, preventing him from escaping. It kept an ever watchful eye, making sure he was eaten properly.