TWO || 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃

𝗥𝗬𝗟𝗘𝗘 " 𝗥𝗬 " 𝗪𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞𝗘𝗥Location : West Harlem, New York CityDate + Time : November 17th, 5:00 p

Location : West Harlem, New York City
Date + Time : November 17th, 5:00 p.m.
* make sure to vote and comment *

WALKING DOWN THE West Harlem blocks with the moon beginning to appear, Rylee looked down at the small hand that was holding hers. She had just picked up her two year old son — Rome — from daycare early because she had to cook for the whole family. Taking care of all of her five siblings at twenty was a big commitment, one she didn't sign up for, but she never complained because there wasn't anyone else to take care of them. Not the way Rylee made it her mission to do.

The twenty year old girl was already over the day ever since she got a call from her younger sister's school principal saying how she had tried to steal another students expensive personal belongings. This was the fourth time she had tried to do something like this and got caught but Sanai had been successful in her attempts a good five times.

" Mama.. I want icecream ", Rome pointed at the corner store as they were walking past. Rylee unzipped her white crossbody bag while still holding onto Rome's hand and looking inside. She didn't have any cash at the moment and she knew if she told Rome that, he'd start crying and acting out. " How about we get ice cream at home ? I'll put sprinkles on it and chocolate ". Rome looked up at Rylee with a pouty face and tears in his small chestnut brown eyes.

Rylee felt bad every time her son was about to cry and she hated the fact she barely had money for her own son because she always had to take care of anyone else " I'm sorry Ro, I promise to get you some ice cream the next day I pick you up ". Rome shook his head no with tears in his eyes as Rylee bent down to pick up the two year old, carrying him in her arms now. Although she couldn't see Rome's face, she heard his cries as they approached her gated building.

" That's not fair ", he cried onto her shoulder as Rylee just rubbed his back. That was all she could do at the moment, Rome was very adamant about what he specifically wanted. She knew he didn't want any icecream in the house because she made it her mission to spoil him.

Rylee sighed lightly while looking down at her bag and taking out her black iPhone 15, opening it to watch her sister Sanai's location. She saw that she was in the corner store across the street from their building, dreading the argument that they were about to have yet again. She didn't know if her fifteen year old brother Prince was with her because his phone was broken but he knew to be in the house before ten.

Looking both ways before crossing the street, Rylee began to walk down the block while the winter air blew at her. Getting across the street, Rylee saw a group of men standing outside of one of her complex buildings as she rolled her eyes. No matter how many times she rejected their advances, it was always someone who still tried to get at her knowing that Rylee refused to talk to anyone. She didn't have time for feelings or attachments and talking to someone would bring both upon her.