𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝗥𝗢𝗬𝗖𝗘 " 𝗥𝗢𝗬 " 𝗦𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗧 𝗗𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗦Location : Harlem, New York City Date + Time : August 3rd, 5:35 p

Location : Harlem, New York City
Date + Time : August 3rd, 5:35 p.m.
* make sure to vote and comment *

  STUCK IN HIS THOUGHTS, Royce's thumb went over his lit up phone screen to look at the pictures and videos in the album he had of his late ex girlfriend, Rylee. He still couldn't believe that just two weeks ago she was still in the world with such vibrant energy, just a couple of blocks away from him but now they were preparing her body for her funeral. He still didn't know what happened to his girlfriend, all he knew of right now was that she had been murdered.

" Yo Saint.. Saint you got next ", he heard his familiar block name being called from one of his closest man's — Mir — as they sat in his apartment chilling. Royce looked up at Mir who was holding the blunt out in between his fingers, the smoke leaving it as he shook his head " Nah man ion wanna smoke. Pass off to Porter ". Mir nodded his head up and down before passing the blunt to their other man's who was sitting across from them in a red gaming chair.

Hearing the smoke being exhaled by Porter, Royce tilted his head back down to continue looking at a picture of Rylee. It was the first date he had ever took her on and she had cried tears of appreciation most of the whole day. She had a gold dress on and her hair was in a sew-in with some gold heels to match, he thought the outfit complimented her so well because it added on to the aura she already had for herself.

" I'm sorry bout Rylee bro. I know how much you loved and cared about shorty but that shit don't feel right. How could a girl like her get shot directly in her head bro, she wasn't no target, she was a girl. Someone had to have been looking for her, ion give a fuck what the d's say ", Porter stated which made Royce just feel more and more uncomfortable. He knew what Porter was saying was right but who would look for her ?

Rylee had no enemies and she barely had any friends to make enemies. She was a sweet girl who grew up Uptown in Harlem and never bothered anyone, she was focused on taking care of her siblings. The police wouldn't give any updates about her case yet but there had to be something they found. Rylee's case was on the news, the police had to have been working fast before anyone started to point out the two words they hated hearing: black and injustice.

" Shit just crazy bro. My girl was just here, I took her out the day before. I tried to help get her clean off those fucking pills Mir got her and her mother addicted to and she was doing mad good. I don't understand this shit bro ", Royce reminisced while locking his phone feeling his face heat up. Porter looked down at the hardwood floor while Mir shook his head, it truly was a devastating thing to even talk about.

A few different feelings were clouding over Royce's body, he felt like he wanted to kill someone at times or even lock himself in his house and cry the pain away. Other times he'd want to smoke the pain away or wish he could replace her life with his but instead he was grieving and trying to figure his feelings out. Shootings had never resulted in death with girls from Harlem so her case erupted the entire community, the entire city actually, especially ones that knew how Rylee was personally.