02| Numb

January 3rd, 2017
Houston, TX
12:33pm

January 3rd, 2017Houston, TX12:33pm

Sitting in the studio—Jo'Vanni nodded his head along to the voice of his newest artist he'd been working with, Belle

Sitting in the studio—Jo'Vanni nodded his head along to the voice of his newest artist he'd been working with, Belle. Her song Drowning in Love was set to come out next month and Jo was acting as the producer on the song and adding his voice to the end of the song as a voice message. Something Belle had begged him to do.

Jo had been a music producer for six years now after carefully working on his craft since middle school. Mixing songs, recording himself, and knowing the right instruments to use when it came to making a track sound good. Jo had built his name from the ground up and now here he was one of the best producers in the industry. The one everyone wanted to work with. Now here he was back in Houston after over five years working on opening his own recording studio and hoping to maybe start working on music himself.

Reaching the end of the song, he picked up the paper and started to recite the words Belle wanted him to say. His voice was deep, low, raspy. Giving off the sexual vibes Belle wanted. When he was done—Jo slipped the headphones off and replayed it back, cracking himself up from how he sounded. "This girl got me doing dumb ass shit." He shook his head and decided to save it. Knowing once he added the background music to it, it'd sound fire.

Going over to the keyboard, he opened his computer and transferred the audio recording over before hearing his phone ring. His eyes looked over at it and he signed seeing Nicole name flashing across his screen. His eyes stared blankly at the phone vibrating until it eventually stopped. When it did, he leaned his head back and closed his eyes. His mind immediately going back to the hurt that came behind Nicole.

"You lied to me! For a fucking year you lied to me and you think a nigga' gonna stay around? After all this shit you put me through? For real Nic?" Jo yelled as she stood in front of him crying her eyes out. "I ain't got no respect for you. Ain't never gonna' have none for you again. You got me fucked up. You so lucky I ain't the nigga I use to be because you know what would happened. You better pray and thank God I'm a changed man." He shot her a deadly look before walking towards the door. "You dead to me bitch. Believe that.