Chapter 1: Serendipity

Emma Sinclair hurried down the bustling streets of New York City, her mind preoccupied with the latest project deadline at her advertising firm. She had always prided herself on her punctuality, but today was one of those days when everything seemed to go wrong. Her heel broke, her umbrella flipped inside out in the pouring rain, and now, as she glanced at her watch, she realized she was going to be late for the meeting with her biggest client yet.

In her rush, she collided with someone, sending her papers flying into the air. "I'm so sorry," she stammered, bending down to collect her scattered documents.

"It's alright," a deep voice responded. "Here, let me help you."

Emma looked up to see a man with striking blue eyes and a warm smile. His presence seemed to calm the chaos around her. They gathered the papers together, and she couldn't help but notice his kind demeanor and the slight crinkle at the corner of his eyes when he smiled.

"Thank you," Emma said, finally catching her breath. "I'm really late for a meeting."

"Don't worry about it," he replied, handing her the last sheet. "I'm Liam, by the way."

"Emma," she introduced herself with a grateful smile. "Nice to meet you, Liam."

As she dashed off, she couldn't shake the feeling that their paths were destined to cross again.