Chapter 7

It was a week later and Jennie was lying on her back, staring at the ceiling.

She had watched the sunrise slowly over the course of the small hours of the morning. She still wasn’t getting much sleep, stressed about the baby situation.

She rested her hands behind her head, watching the shadows cast across the ceiling.

Lisa, Jisoo, Eunwoo and Bambam had been more than encouraging about her tryst with Amelie at the party. Almost too encouraging, in Jennie's opinion.

Jennie pondered the situation. It had more than proved her attraction to women.

But she hadn’t been able to…

Jennie blushed, even though it was just her in the room.

She hadn’t been able to finish without thinking about Roseanne.

Jennie had deep down always thought of herself as a romantic. Back at Hogwarts, what won her over with Noah was his sweet nature and their talks in the library. The emotional connection she had to him was what really drove the physical attraction to the next level.

Perhaps she needed that emotional connection to truly enjoy the physical side of things.

But then that left her with Roseanne.

The blonde was usually nothing but cold with her. She was stand-offish and most of their interactions over the years had either ended in arguments or eye rolling. How could Jennie have an emotional connection with her?

She hadn’t even known that Roseanne was the one who nursed her back to health at Shell Cottage when they had slept together.

Could you have an emotional connection to someone and not realise it?

Jennie wished there were credible literature on the subject.

The sun had fully risen for the day and Jennie figured it was an appropriate enough time to get up.

She had taken time off her classes to accompany Roseanne to France.

Getting up, Jennie could feel every ache and complaint in her body. She wasn’t sure how much longer she could keep going on without getting a decent night’s sleep.

She ruffled her hair, fishing out a clean pair of underwear and black jeans and pulling them on. She pulled on a plain white tee and her leather jacket. She groaned as she put on her socks and black Converse.

She’d packed a duffle bag the previous night, which she slung over her shoulder as she headed out the door.

Jennie didn’t take much more time getting ready. She simply ate an apple, brushed her teeth and she was gone.

__________

Jennie met Roseanne at the train station. France was too far away to Apparate or Floo, especially in Roseanne's state, so they were taking a train.

Jennie hadn’t seen Roseanne since the blonde had tried to sleep with her. Roseanne had been so angry and humiliated she had refused to see Jennie since then. She’d communicated solely via owl since then, informing Jennie of the dates of the trip and sending her the train tickets.

Roseanne approached her on the platform, a duffle coat on over a loose dress. Instead of impossibly high heeled shoes, she was wearing heeled boots. Jennie supposed that was Roseanne's version of comfort. She only had a handbag over her shoulder, which Jennie assumed she had used an extendable charm on.

“Er, hi,” Jennie greeted.

Roseanne just nodded coldly.

Jennie actually thought she got off easy. She had genuinely been afraid Roseanne might immediately snap at her.