Silent Tensions

The next day dawned bright and early for Soumya. She was filled with anticipation as she prepared to meet the new RCB team for the upcoming WPL season. Today marked the beginning of their practice sessions, and she couldn’t wait to get started.

As she packed her gear, her mother peeked into her room. "Ready for your first day back with the team?" she asked, her eyes twinkling with pride.

Soumya smiled. "Ready as I’ll ever be. It’s going to be a great season."

Her father called from the kitchen. "Remember, you’re living the dream. Enjoy every moment."

Soumya nodded, feeling a surge of determination. She grabbed her bag and headed out, her heart pounding with excitement. Arriving at the practice ground, she was greeted by the familiar sight of the RCB training facilities. The atmosphere was buzzing with energy as players arrived, each one eager to start the new season.

"Soumya!" a voice called out.

She turned to see her teammate Smriti waving at her. Soumya jogged over, grinning. "Hey, Sims! Good to see you."

They exchanged a quick hug before joining the rest of the team on the field. Soumya felt a rush of warmth and camaraderie as she saw familiar faces and a few new ones. She was back where she belonged, ready to give her all for the team.

The practice session began with a team meeting. The coach stood in front of the group, his expression serious but encouraging.

"Welcome, everyone, to a new season with RCB. We have a strong team this year, and I expect each of you to bring your best to every practice and every match. Let's make this season unforgettable."

The team cheered, and Soumya felt a thrill of excitement. They began their warm-ups, and soon the field was alive with activity. As she settled into her training routine, she felt the familiar rhythm of the game take over, her body moving with the confidence born from years of practice and dedication.

Soumya was engrossed in her warm-up routines, the familiar rhythms of practice grounding her. She was back where she belonged, ready to prove herself once again. Her heart skipped a beat as she recognized him— Virat. Her cheeku

Her breath caught in her throat. It had been years since their last encounter, and the sight of him brought a whirlwind of emotions crashing down on her.

Soumya POV
"Is that Chee... i mean Virat god why am i seeing him here?"
she wondered, feeling her heart race. "Why now, when I’ve finally moved on?"

The memories of their teenage years rushed back—their dreams, their closeness, the eventual painful separation.

She had worked hard to bury those memories, to focus on her career and her future. Seeing Virat now felt like a cruel twist of fate. She forced herself to ignore him, to concentrate on her practice. She was here to play cricket, to achieve her dreams, not to relive the past.

Virat stepped onto the practice field, his mind focused on the dual task at hand. As a player for the RCB men's team, he had his own training regimen to follow. But today, he was also there to motivate the women's team for their upcoming WPL season, a request made by their coach..
He greeted his teammates, exchanged pleasantries, and offered words of encouragement. Everything was okay until he saw her. Soumya. His somu.....

His heart skipped a beat. It had been years since they last spoke, since their friendship had disintegrated into silence. The sight of her brought back a flood of memories, both sweet and bitter.

Virat POV
"Why did God make me see her again?" he thought, feeling a knot tighten in his stomach.
"Of all the places and times, why now?"

He remembered their teenage days vividly—the laughter, the shared dreams, the promises. And then the fallout, the harsh words that ended it all.

He kept his distance, not wanting to stir up old wounds. But seeing her now, so poised and determined, he couldn't help but feel a pang of regret. He quickly pushed the thought away, focusing on the task at hand. He was here to support the team, not dwell on the past.

The practice session continued, but the tension between Soumya and Virat was palpable. They moved through drills and exercises, each aware of the other but maintaining their distance. Soumya concentrated on her game, pushing herself harder, determined not to let his presence affect her.

As the session came to an end, the players began to pack up their gear. Soumya was about to leave the stadium when she heard coach's voice call out, "Soumya, a moment, please."

She turned, her heart sinking slightly. Standing beside the coach was Virat, his expression unreadable. Soumya took a deep breath and walked towards them, steeling herself for whatever was to come.

thank you for reading
comment kijiyeh aur vote bhi <3
*next chapter they'll be meeting 😭🥹*