02

Second chances aren't real. It was given primarily to experience the same thing again, with the expectation that the unpleasant elements would leave and be replaced by the good ones. It was similar to watching a show, with the main difference being that you knew what the outcome was but were still expecting it to alter, which may satisfy you. 

It's never fun to watch a show that you've already seen. Because seeing and experiencing everything again will only change your viewpoint and how you perceive the whole show. It doesn't matter if it's better or worse; you didn't like the ending in the first place.

The sole benefit of getting a second shot and seeing a show you've already watched is that you'll learn things that weren't foreseeable for you before. You'll find out about the details you missed. You'll learn about the things you neglected in the past.

Suddenly, I felt a force dragging me upward. The rumbling in my ears stopped. The cold water covering me before vanished and was replaced by the misty air. I can feel fingers brushing my cheeks and a hand shaking my shoulders. I didn't move. My mind was awake but my body couldn't seem to function.

"Baliw ka ba?! Ba't ka naglalangoy sa gabi? Di mo ba alam na delikado?!"

I can hear someone shouting but it was muffled. It was even almost hard for me to understand the words I'm hearing.

Everything went black again. Hindi ko alam kung gaano katagal pero naramdaman ko na lang na may dumampi sa labi ko at nakaramdam ako ng hangin na pumapasok sa bibig ko. I can feel someone pushing on my chest.

Napaubo ako dahil roon kasabay ng pagmulat ng mga mata ko. Bumungad sakin ang madilim na kalangitan.

I am dizzy. My throat hurt so much that it made me cough many times while my chest was heaving as I tried to gasp for air, my heartbeat was rapid and pounding erratically.

Napahawak ako sa dibdib at pinilit na huminga. I tried taking long breaths. I hit my chest with my fist when it doesn't seem to work. Napapikit ako. Pinukpok ko yon nang pinukpok hanggang sa may humawak sa mga kamay ko na pumigil sa'kin.

Those hands pulled me and before I knew it, I felt the owner hugging me already. I can sense that person taking slow, deep breaths, and I don't know why but I found myself matching their breathing.

My heartbeat slowly calmed down. I breathed deeply as I felt the air entering my lungs.

I almost killed myself. I thought it was my end. And this person stopped me from dying.

"Siraulo."

Napahiga ako sa mabato na buhangin, nawalan na ng lakas. I turned my head to that voice and saw this unknown guy beside me, his arms pressed on the ground for support habang hinihingal pa siya dahil sa nangyari. His clothes are all wet and as damp as me. His hair's dripping and scattered on his forehead.

I don't know him. And I cannot find the strength to remember where I heard his voice.

I didn't say anything back to him. Nahihilo pa ako at wala akong lakas para sagutin siya. Tumihaya ako, hindi inalintana ang mabatong buhangin na hinihigaan ko.

My gaze was fixed at the dark sky in front me. My mind was blank. I just stared mindlessly at nothingness.

Everything felt so fast. It was like a dream. One second I was still above the water, then the next thing I knew I was already drowning. It was as if it's something straight from an old memory. An old memory that seems to be brought back to life.

No one spoke. None of us broke the silence that's beginning to eat us. I didn't say anything. He didn't too. It was like we were both finding words to say, or maybe has something to say but contemplates if it should be spoken.