Stores and Supernatural Fights

Four months have passed since the discovery that someone had been there. The uncertainty of not knowing who was out there, simply observing, was unnerving. On that first night before the store trip, I was completely drained, yet it never occurred again. It was strange.

I was currently walking behind an angry Bonnie and Damon. They were fighting over who pushes the cart but, of course, Damon won. Being a vampire and all...

"We need strawberries, eggs, milk, and-" I was cut off from reading the list as Bonnie grabbed it away from me. "Ooh, candles." She grabbed the ones in front of her as Damon rolled his eyes.

"Hey, don't do that. I just got candles." I grab the list again, pointing Damon to the eggs.

"I know it's been a while, but you couldn't do magic as an anchor. So, I'm curious what momentary lapse of reason makes you think you can do it now?"  Damon questions.

"You know, when all of this started, you sucked at making pancakes and now they're somewhat edible." Bonnie refers to when he first made them, and I had gotten bad food poisoning. I think he was just trying to kill me even without the berries.

"I think she meant barely edible." I added in as they just watched me struggle to get the very top milk jug.

"I'm just saying there's no reason to be Peter Pessimist. We have proof we're not alone." Bonnie walks over to the glasses, putting a blue pair on and giving another to me.

"First of all, don't nickname. That's my thing." Damon snatches another pair of glasses from Bonnie's hand while continuing, "And this proof, this mysteriously filled in crossword, could have very easily been you."

"I didn't fill it in." Bonnie confirmed as I walked away from the group, going to the feminine products section. I scanned all the products for a moment before grabbing what I needed.

As I was heading back, an unusual melody began to play outside. My immediate thought was that Damon and Bonnie were leaving the store, so I dashed outside, where I was met by a small carousel. The two others followed closely, observing the machine spin.

"You hear that? That's what hope sounds like." Bonnie says with a smile as Damon and I glance at each other. Both with unsure expressions.

To try and cure Damon's insanity, he popped open the box to the machine. "It's got to be a short, faulty wiring, or something."

"Damon, someone put a quarter in it. Carousels don't just turn on." I lean against the store, arms crossed and bored out of my mind.

A loud slam made me fully look towards Damon. "Let's just say someone was here, Wolfie. How do you know we're gonna get out?"

I roll my eyes, thinking for a second before answering. "Well, for starters, this isn't any of our hells, it's the person that's continuously stalking us. It's his hell." I said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Or, really, our world.

"He?" Bonnie asks, more interested now.

"Was I the only one who read that newspaper? The one we get every morning?" I was met with blank stares. They were clueless as hell. "A guy named Malachai Parker. It says he was missing on this exact day. It can't be a coincidence."

"That's one hell of a logic knot you tied for yourself." Damon says, closing the box in front of him and standing up.

"What? You don't believe me?" I walked towards him, hitting his chest, actually pissed that he wasn't listening. "I just gave you the most fathomable information we've had these past four months, and you think it's a joke?" I looked at Bonnie but she just looked unsure. What is wrong with you people?