Eight

Who do I have to speak to about if they can redo the prophecy?
—————

Erin

Anytime I wasn't busy at work or with Bradley, I had frantically been packing for my move with Giovanni, which included helping him to pack up his current house that he had been renting for years to the one that I had purchased prior to our engagement and was set to close on the following morning.

"Good thing there's enough space so we can each have an office. I can have my things and you can do your grandma activities like crochet or sew on that ancient thing of yours," Gio grumbled.

"They're not grandma activities. They're actual life skills," I frowned as I looked through the boxes in the attic. "You know how much I love sewing and how much I dislike when you make fun of me for it."

"Then maybe you should've picked a hobby for a thirty four year old and not skip right to the geriatric hobbies," he countered, causing my frown to deepen.

I had learned to sew when I was six from my grandmother and had carried those skills with me for my entire life.

Rather than continue to engage in conversation about my hobbies, I climbed up into the attic and sorted through boxes of things that could be donated versus things to be kept.

As I opened the last box that sat closest to the ladder, I found an unsealed letter, on the front of it were the letters LOML— love of my life.

Without a second thought, I climbed down the ladder with the letter in hand and approached Gio, who had been packing up the hallway closet.

"I found this note in the attic," I said softly, passing it to Gio. "It's sweet."

I watched the color drain from his face, his eyes avoiding mine. Admittedly, I only saw the outside of the envelope so I wasn't sure why he had the reaction that he did.

"You weren't ever supposed to see it."

"Why not?"

He sighed before finally finding my gaze.

"Because it wasn't meant for you, Erin."

"Then who was it meant for?" I paused, snatching it back from him before reading it over.

Those beautiful hazel eyes of yours are burned into my brain, especially after the night we spent together in Malibu.

"Hazel eyes. Malibu? You were supposed to be there for a conference," I cried. My blood went cold when I realized who else had been at the conference in Malibu. "Oh my god, Giovanni!! You didn't."

"Erin, I can explain."

"I'm going to be sick."

I glared at him, angry tears leaving my eyes. The more I thought about it, the more I wondered how I had missed all of the signs that now were obvious now that I thought back. All of the touching and flirting and being on call at the same time.

"My sister?! My fucking sister, Giovanni?! Of all people?!"

"I can explain."

"There is no explaining. She is married!"

"I was supposed to give her that before they got married. And besides, what are you mad about? You married that pilot behind my back."

My cheeks flushed and heart began to race as I stepped back.