10-14

moon 10

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Finally, after performing another one of her morning walking assessments, which Firegaze has been forced to do by Robinseeker since her initial injury, she was pleased to see that she could walk normally and without pain.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Hazelbumble laid miserably in the medicine den. Finally, her tail-wound had healed, but instead she had caught a rather bad bought of yellowcough. She was starting to believe that she would never get out of the stupid den, and, having watched Robinseeker working so many times, she had begun to curiously ask the tom about his herbs and their functions. She had really learned more about being a prophet than being a warrior at this point. She looked out of the den, thinking about a life where she chose a different path...

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Lightmask saw how nervous Cavepaw was and he whispered quiet encouragement to the she-cat, promising to be a good mentor.

Sunpaw looked up with pride as Spottedstar proclaimed that her mentor would be Firegaze. She couldn't wait to learn the ways of being a warrior from her own mother.

Carnationpaw squeaked with surprise when her mentor was announced. Somehow, she had been given Windfrost! That was so cool. She was going to learn a lot from the deputy.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Carnationpaw and Windfrost were exploring the dune-covered territory, with Windfrost guiding her apprentice and explaining how to properly plant one's paws in the snow to prevent sliding. As Windfrost and her apprentice neared the thunderpath, however, there was suddenly a monstrous growling, and a dog shot out from the brush just as Windfrost shouted a warning.

While most dogs were stupid, this one was surprisingly aware, and it leaped towards Carnationpaw, its jaws snapping around the apprentice's tail, who gave a large wail.

Eventually, Windfrost knew that it was time to escape, and after distracting the dog, she fled, helping Carnationpaw limp back to camp and hoping the blood would sink into the sand before the dog could follow their trails.

Robinseeker informed Windfrost that it would probably be better if Carnationpaw stayed with him for the next few quarter-moons. He assured Windfrost that the injury would fade quickly with luck, just as Hazelbumble's did earlier in the moon.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Gorgedrop ambled over to Bouncebuzz, a large mouse in-between his jaws. He noticed that Bouncebuzz was working on a gull carcass. "Would you like to swap?" He asked the molly.