Old lives

WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS NEGATIVE MENTAL HEALTH AND DEATH. PLEASE EXIT THIS BOOK IF THIS UPSETS YOU.
  Joyful cheers were heard from afar. A young lady tugged the sleeves of a boy who gazed at her with love in his eyes.
  "Well, today was fun. I'm glad I got to spend the day with you, Deon." Her lips parted slightly, her teeth poked through and a small giggle was heard from behind them. The boy who supposedly was Deon held her chin, climbed up to tuck the hair behind her ears.
  "I'm glad you appreciated today, I hope it wasn't too wild for you."
  "Too wild?!" She exclaimed and squealed as she took his hand and pulled him into a tornado of spins. "It was- I can't even explain how magical today was!" She bent from far, her hand locked in with the fingers of her lover. She swooped back up and kissed him on the cheek. Their hands loosen as she stepped up the stairway to her door, yet the boy dread for more of her. He wanted to hold her hand longer, explore the woods deeper, and soon have her ring finger marked by him and him only.
  "Goodnight, Sage. Make sure you're ready for our exam tomorrow." Deon chuckled as he fidgeted with his pockets. He was flustered with the kiss left by the love of his life.
  "Goodnight, darling. I'll catch you tomorrow, love you!" She shouted as she turned the door closer to her. Before he could respond, the door was shut and yet, you could hear her screams of embarrassment as she was just as flustered. He smiled and begun to walk down the blocks of the childhood. Deon turned his head to the forgotten laughter of the neighbor kids, hoping one day he could have the same kids with her in the long future.

Later on...

  It was 2 o'clock in the morning, the phone rang. A slim yet a well aged woman picks up the phone.
  "Hello, this is she?" Muffled voices from the phone can be heard. Soon, the phone dropped hard on the floor. A loud thump awoken the sleeping household. A man and the same young boy walk down the empty hallway to see the woman sobbing heavily.
  "Honey, what's wrong??" Curiously, the man approached her with a warm embrace from his long arms. The boy, Deon, follows behind as he clutches onto her hand. Quick glances were exchanged to the woman and the man.
  "It's Sage, she-" the woman coughed as her throat was filled with the slime from her nose with the salty tears dripping down from her swollen eyes. Deon's face soon drops as he hears her name. A slight nudge is pushed to the woman.
  "Mom- what's wrong with Sage? Please!" He pleased and cried for a response. The woman mumbled a long response. His heart dropped. A ransom was ordered to save Sage's life. $500,000 was ordered. Her parents couldn't afford such a price, and the same with Deon's family. "No. No no no no no no, NO!" He collapsed. Glass and vases were crashing into the floor, but that didn't stop him from breaking down. He would have to give up the love of his life, all because he was too damn broke to pay the price.
  "STOP IT! YOUR FUCKING LYING TO ME!"
  He cried and screamed. His parents tried to wear him down, until they heard a voice from the phone.
  "Deon... I don't wanna.. die."
  Her soft and shaken voice echoed through the room. Deon dashed through the arms of his parents, he ran to the phone. "Sage, Sage! You're not gonna die, please don't think that, I won't let you!"
  Silence was heard the other end.
  Pow.
  "S-Sage?"

  Days passed, the school honored the young girl for her bravery such as fighting and clinging onto life. The families paid a small funeral for the girl in honor of her life. But Deon just stood in bed. His heart ached, his room was torn to shreds like little bits of paper. His pictures of her were all over the place, glass was shattered on the floor, clothes were piled up on the bed and floor, and he was broken in pieces.
  "Sage," he said, "I will find you in my next life, and I will marry you unlike in this life. I won't let you leave me again." He vowed that promise and soon drew a pair of scissors from his dresser. They inched closer to his neck. He vowed and he would make sure he would make his vow to reality.