𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗠𝗣 1

𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 : 𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛
𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 1

Tw: angst, physical abuse

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔
-----------

'Daddy, can we maybe go to Gucci later? I wanna buy some bags,' whined Hye-jin, her voice laced with a petulant drawl.

Ji-ho, her father, sighed heavily. 'Sure, baby, we can. Anything you want. But maybe later? I'm a bit busy right now.'

'I'll go alone,' Hye-jin declared, her stubbornness displayed in full force.

'No, Hye-jin. You're still too young,' Ji-ho retorted.

Hye-jin spent the rest of the day sulking and whining, her lamentations echoing through the mansion like a chorus of distressed damsels.

Meanwhile, Ji-ho's ire was directed at his elder son, Yeonjun. 'Yeonjun!' he bellowed.

'Yes, Father,' Yeonjun responded meekly.

'How many times have I told you not to use your Visa card without my permission? You spent $100 yesterday. On what, may I ask?'

'I got a pair of shoes,' Yeonjun replied, his voice trembling slightly.

'With $100? Really, Yeonjun?' Ji-ho's rage intensified.

'Dad, it's nothing compared to the mon—' Yeonjun began, but his words were cut short as his father's hand connected with his face. A sharp sting shot through his cheek.

'You should have apologized for your brattish behavior, not talked back to me!' Ji-ho hissed, unleashing a torrent of verbal abuse.

As their father's wrath continued unabated, Mrs. Soomin, Yeonjun's mother, returned home from work. She was horrified to witness the scene unfolding.

'Ji-ho, get off him!' she yelled, shielding her son with her own body. 'Why are you hitting him? He's your son!'

'My son is a spoiled brat,' Ji-ho retorted.

'Yeonjun, baby, go to your room. I'll be back to talk to you,' Soomin said, her voice gentle but firm.

'Y-yes, Mom,' Yeonjun stammered, his eyes filled with a mix of fear and pain.

As he went upstairs Soomin turned her full attention to her husband. 'Ji-ho, this is not acceptable behavior. You can't just go around hitting our children!'

'What did he even do?' Soomin asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

'He spent a hundred dollars without my permission!' Ji-ho shouted.

In the opulent expanse of a sprawling mansion, a bitter confrontation unfolded between mother and son.

'He spent a hundred dollars with your permission!' Yeonjun's mother, Soomin, exclaimed  disgustingly.

'Really are you kidding me? Stop. Stop acting like you didn't spend half a fucking million on Hye-Jin's bags and shoes last month!' her son.