𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗠𝗣 3

𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔:
𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛
𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟: 3

TW: strong language

__________

The next day dawned cold and unforgiving, the sun's rays struggling to penetrate the thick curtains of Beomgyu's tiny room. He lay in bed, his body aching from the bruises that covered him like a map of torment. Yet, his resolve remained unshaken. He had to keep his job, for his mother's sake. With a heavy sigh, he pushed himself out of the bed, his feet touching the cool floorboards.

As went to his apartment's bathroom to wash his face, the cold water stung his bruises, but it was the reflection in the mirror that truly hurt. He saw a stranger, a boy worn down by the weight of his circumstances. But he couldn't let that be his story. With a steely determination, he dressed and prepared for another day in the mansion.

He took the bus to the mansion, his thoughts racing. He knew Hye-Jin would not let the incident go unnoticed. As he approached the grand entrance, the fear coiled in his stomach like a serpent, ready to strike at any moment. He rang the doorbell, and after a moment, it was Hye-Jin who answered, her eyes lighting up with malicious glee at the sight of him.

"Oh, hey slut," Hye-Jin greeted him with a sneer, her eyes raking over his bruised face. "You're back for more, I see."

Beomgyu clenched his fists at his sides, the anger bubbling up within him. "I'm here to work, Miss Hye-Jin," he ground out through gritted teeth.

Hye-Jin's smirk grew wider. "Oh, I'm sure you are," she said, stepping aside to let him in. "Because your mommy is sick, aww."

Beomgyu's fists tightened, but he didn't take the bait. He walked past her, his eyes straight ahead, focusing on the tasks that lay ahead. The mansion was eerily quiet, the silence only serving to amplify the thundering of his heart. As he moved through the hallowed halls, he couldn't shake the feeling of unease that clung to him like a second skin.

His anger disappeared when he saw yeonjun standing there, his eyes filled with a mix of shock and concern. "What happened?" He asked, taking in the bruises marring Beomgyu's face.

"I told you, an accident," Beomgyu replied, his voice devoid of emotion. He had practiced the lie so much that it almost felt like the truth.

Yeonjun searched his eyes, the concern in his gaze unwavering. "I know it wasn't an accident," he said finally. "But you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Beomgyu felt a surge of gratitude towards Yeonjun. His kindness was a stark contrast to the coldness that permeated the rest of the household. "Thank you, Mr. Yeonjun," he murmured, his voice tight.

Yeonjun nodded. "Just remember, I'm here if you need anything," he said, his gaze intense. "Now, go make breakfast so you don't get scolded again."

Beomgyu took a deep breath and headed to the kitchen, his thoughts racing.

As he cooked breakfast, his thoughts drifted to his mother's words. He couldn't help but feel a spark of resentment towards Hye-Jin. Her cruelty was unbearable, and he couldn't understand how someone so young could be so cold-hearted.