I don't know how to come up with a plot

"I don't know how to come up with a plot"

That's what I get a lot, and I'm never able to give a decent reply because I don't know how I do it.

But I'll give as many tips as possible here:

First of all, I'd recommend starting with your OC's personality. If they're cool and unbothered, it won't make sense to add bullies, as they won't be affected by them.

But maybe, even though they're unbothered, one person is their weakness. They'd do everything that one person says.

And BOOM, you have a beginning of your plot:

- will that one person figure out how much control they have over your OC and will they become manipulative?

- will they fall in love?

- will they try to get the OC less attached, and in a good or bad way?

Just like that, with only thinking of your OC's personality, surroundings, and family/friends, you can already come far.

Next, what kind of story will it be? A peaceful one? Crime-ish? Will it start peaceful, then get chaotic?

Once you've figured that out, but you still don't know what makes it chaotic or scary, just wait for a few days, because you'll eventually think of it. Not possible? Ask AI. Trust me.

Or just start writing without any ideas, and see how it will develop.

For example, Untamed readers, I did NOT plan on all those plot twists. When I started writing I never knew Thomas's dad was going to be bad, I didn't know about Eli and Noelle's existence yet, blahblahblah.

All I knew was: a grumpy girl with debts who didn't like to show feelings, and a sunshine brother who would get a lot of character development.

So yeah, that's all the tips I have. To me, it eventually just comes to mind as I'm writing or, I don't know, doing homework.