CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

I ACCIDENTALLY BROKE MY FORMER BEST FRIEND'S RIBS

My story on my new life starts now.

My world spinned faster and faster every time I took a step. The smell of humans’ blood drove me crazy. I started running away from them but it's no use. I felt the need for their blood. I felt thirsty. But why? I won't admit it to myself but I am a vampire--a beast.

I ran to the woods and I was surprised when I got there immediately without using so much effort. Back on my elementary years, I was the slowest runner Hawthorne Elementary Scholastic Academy ever had and I can't believe my speed now. If I had this speed when I was attending Hawthorne, I could have made my parents proud. They said that I hadn't brought anything to the family that they could say their proud of me. I had low grades and no athletic skills due to my heart disease. Maybe this was the reason why they left me alone. I'm no use to them so they kicked me out because I was just another kid to raise. Tears started flowing from my eyes. But everything changed now.

I then remembered how thirsty I was so I started hunting down wild animals that I could find in the woods. It was so difficult to hunt them down. They were fast runners and they're more experienced to move around the woods than me but this is better. There's no way that I'll drink human blood. When I sucked the reindeer's blood out of its body, I felt amazing. It was delicious and it lowered the thirstiness level of me.

I cleaned the blood out of my face with my hands and searched for the nearest source of water. I laid my hands on the water when I found a lake and made sure that no sign of an animal's blood would remain.

The moment I got to my apartment; I sat in front of my computer straightaway and looked for information regarding vampires through the internet. Pale appearance, cool in touch, immortal speed, superhuman strength. I had these all.

"Oh my gosh. It can't be. Oh, no, no, no!" I muttered to myself as I walked back and forth in my room. Finally, I acknowledged the fact to myself that I'm a monster--a blood-sucking monster.

After several hours of walking back and forth, I got tired. I lay myself on my bed and fell asleep instantly.

Morning came and I woke up when the sun had emerged from behind the clouds. I stretched my arms and I felt my muscles filled with energy. I let my eyes adjust to the light and checked the time. I was surprised when I saw the time. It was five minutes before 8 in the morning--before classes start. I started brushing my teeth and taking a bath at the same time. I was ready to go to school after seven minutes. I'm still late no matter what I do.

When I got to school, I saw an announcement at the school's bulletin board. It said: PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS WAS MOVED AT BUILDING 6, ROOM Q-3. I looked at my schedule and my second class was photography. I was absent on my first class--chemistry. I went to room Q-3 at building 6.

I opened the door when I got to the said room. A sticky, blood-like liquid dropped in my head and somebody pushed me but I don't know who. Then, the door closed behind me.

"Hello, best friend!" A girl greeted me which I recognized as Joanne, my former best friend. "Oh, my! What happened to you?"

I stood up. Joanne and her two new friends, Michelle and Samantha, laughed. I hate them so much.

"You're a freak, Joanne!" I growled. "I'll rip your bones the moment I get the chance."

"I'm scared." Joanne made a silly face. "Why don't you try?"

I walked towards her and stepped on a banana peel. I lose my balance and got hold of a rope. That was a big mistake. I looked up and a pail of slime greeted me. I tried to stand up but it was difficult because the floor was smooth. I managed it though.

 I unpurposely pulled a doll that was hanging from the ceiling. I didn't know that the doll was connected to the switch of the ceiling fan. So when I pulled it, the fan was turned on and styrofoam filled the room. It was raining snow. It seems that I was from a poultry farm. I was covered with mud, slime and tiny pieces of styrofoams. How could I attend my classes with this condition?

"Had enough, smarty?" Joanne said.

"You bitch! You're a pathetic little scum! Why are you doing this to me, Joanne?" I asked her.

Joanne, Michelle and Samantha walked towards me.

"Grab her," Joanne commanded to Michelle and Samantha. They grabbed me, then.

"Let go of me," I said. I don't want to fight back bacause I'm frightened that I might hurt them badly.

"Will you keep your mouth shut?" Joanne squeezed my mouth with her right hand and played with my hair with her left one. She let go of my mouth and hair after a while. Then, surprisingly, she slapped my face.

"What was that for?" Her slap was painful. I felt like her arm left a scar on my face.

"That was for stealing my popularity and this--" Joanne slapped me on my other cheek. "--is for stealing the crown of being the top student in class from me." She gave me a satisfied, wicked smile. "Let her go."

Anger rose from my toes to my head. Michelle and Samantha set my arms free.

"This is for stealing my boyfriend from me!" I suddenly shoved Joanne so hard that she flew to the wall. I think she broke her bones.

Teachers heard as and came running to room Q-3. They found Joanne lying senseless on the floor, Michelle and Samantha starring at me with disbelief looks, and me covered with slime, mud and styrofoams.