4

That afternoon when he woke up, he was still smiling. He was not feeling hungry so he grabbed some cup ramen, his thermos flask with hot water, and his bag to go study. As he sat there, he noticed that the sweet fragrance was still there, though very faint, it was present. He looked at the pink bean bag and the door again to find it locked as usual. He sighed and went back to his studies. Today he was zoning out a lot. Thinking about the voice, the name and wondering how she would look like, and before he realized he was already late for work, he can't do his usual roaming around too, so he rushed back home, quickly showered and got ready and ran to work.

He came back from work around half an hour early today, the guy working the morning shift came earlier. As he walked home he thought he should just eat cup ramen for breakfast, then he suddenly remembered he left his new pack of cup ramen untouched and his hot water thermos in the garden. He walked to pick them up only to find the thermos half empty and the ramen missing. There was a small note folded on the table, with some cash in between and a pebble from the garden as a paperweight. The top read, "To, the neighbor with the black bean bag" he took it and walked home reading it. The note was small but was written in beautiful handwriting. It was from Jennie.

It read:

"Hey neighbor,
I am so sorry I ate the cup ramen on the table (which I assume is yours) without permission, I forgot my wallet with my friend and my flat keys were in it. She took a long time to come and give me my wallet, and I was famished after a long day. As I waited here for her I resisted myself for long before I finally gave in, I hope the money I left with the note doesn't fly away or get stolen. I owe you one. Sorry once again.
Your neighbor with the pink bean bag,
Jennie"

We couldn't stop smiling. He carefully folded the letter and put it in the drawer beside his bed. Took out another paper and wrote a reply back.
His note read:

"Hey Jennie,
Don't worry about it. I completely understand. And I am hoping the money I am returning doesn't fly away or get stolen. We are neighbors, so don't think about money for one cup ramen. If you still feel indebted, just leave some snacks on the table, I'll consider it fair payment. See you around. Taehyung"

He ate cereal for breakfast, went out, left the note and money under the same pebble, and came back to shower.
Today his favorite singer was singing "Falling" by Harry Styles. He felt happy about how much their tastes in music match and then immediately scolded himself for his train of thought. Again he was awestruck by her honey vocals. Before he knew what he was doing, he put a hand on his ear, closed his eyes and matched his voice with hers as he sang, "And I get the feeling that you'll never need me again~" their voices blended beautifully as if they belonged together. But suddenly Jennie stopped singing. That was when he realized what he had just done. He was about to regret it when he heard a low "Wow" from the other side. His smile stretched across his face. Many people praised his voice since his childhood but listening to a small "Wow" from her felt like a bigger compliment. Before he could decide whether to reply or wait for her reply, he heard her door shut and silence again. She knew how thin this wall was now. He just hoped she doesn't stop singing. But he was happy about the way their voices sounded together. He was curious about her now. He scrolled through his socials searching for her name. But without a last name or a face to search for it was impossible to know who she was among the many Jennie's present. He gave up searching and soon fell asleep.