Chapter Three

"F-flippy!" Flaky yelled. "Why?!" The red-haired girl was crying frantically. She couldn't believe what she had seen. Did Flippy, the man she loved, really try to commit suicide?
"Flaky! I-" Flippy had no clue what to say. She saw him?! This was not good.
"Oh god!" He thought. "I better figure out what to say before-"
His train of thought was interrupted by Flaky jumping into his arms. He pulled her into a tight embrace.
"Flippy.... Please tell me what you were thinking!"
"Flaky, you wouldn't understand."
His words stabbed her like knives. "F-flippy please!" She exclaimed. "I-I'll try to understand. Just tell me!"
Taken aback by here persistence, he decided to confess everything to her.
"Flaks, I'm not stable." He replied. "When I fought in the war, I saw and did things you'd never be able to imagine. Terrible things...."
She hugged him tighter, burying her face into his chest. "Oh Flippy..."
"All of that has fucked up my brain... I haven't been the same since. It's like there is another person beneath my skin.. Every time it surfaces, it has to kill everything and everyone in sight."
Was he really telling her all of this? Could it all be true? It had to be. He had gone to war after all. She might not have completely understood, but she knew where he was coming from. That's when she knew she really cared for him.
"Flippy, promise me you'll never try that again!"
"Alright, Flaks." He replied. "I promise."
"Just tell me if you get suicide thoughts or the urge to kill."
"I will."