20. ALLEGATIONS

Mrityunjay's Pov-
A royal bodyguard stopped me near the entrance of the garden area.

"Hukum, it could be dangerous for you. We can't let you enter the crowded area in such circumstances." He suggested.

"Someone lost their child and you're still worrying about me? Nothing would happen to me." I exclaimed and made my way to the crowd.

Everyone's gaze shifted to me, and they cleared the path. Cameras of paparazzi flashed in unison, capturing my pictures. That's why I hate these people; they want to make business even if someone is lying dead in front of them.

As I walked closer to the kid, the cries echoed in my ears, making my heart race furiously. The grass was drenched in blood, and his mother was sobbing, shouting for God's mercy. I'm used to killings, but not of my own people.

My men were checking each and every person in the crowd, but now it's useless, they should've done this earlier. Doctors were shifting the child onto a stretcher while his mother hugged him in grief.

"Sir we find this" The doctor said, snapping me out of my thoughts passing me a white chit.

The police officer snatched the chit and read the message aloud.

"Aapki shaadi ka tohfa Vidya Ji."
(Gift for your marriage, Vidya)

Everyone around started to mumble and I know what is gonna happen next. Even a few media people heard what he read.

"Send it to forensic" The officer ordered.

The child's mother stood in front of me, her eyes now filled with rage. She held my collar, and my men took a few steps forward, but I signaled them to stop. The blood on her hands left imprints on my clothes.

"Ye sab Rani Sa ki wajah se hua hai. Hukum sa! Mera...mera betaaa mar gyaa... Mere 9 saal k bete ki bali dedi gayi bas aap logo ki wajh se... Mai ky karu? Aap ne kaha tha na apne logo ki raksha krenge toh mere bete ki raksha KYU NAHI KAR PAYE AAP? Aapke ilake me aake koi ek bache ko mar gya or apko pata bhi nhi chala? YE SAB APKI WAJH SE HUA HAI !!" she screamed, her voice trembling with fury and grief.

She fell unconscious and the female doctor, took her with them.

I stood there, feeling the weight of her pain and the scrutiny of the onlookers. The flash of cameras continued, but all I could focus on was the anguish in her eyes. I could've saved him but... I can sense the road ahead would be filled with more bloodshed and sorrow.

I'll not leave that asshole, whoever he is, he'll regret entering my world and killing my people. I'll tear the smallest part of your flesh mother fucker, just wait.

"Hukum sa, we've to ask you and your wife some questions so can we go inside?" The officer asked and I nodded.

"Rani sa ka in sab se kya sambhand hai?"
"Ye bacha Rani Sa ki wajh se mara gya hai."
"Kya aap sach me smbhaal payenge ye responsibility?"
"Rani Sa k aate hi asubh cheeze hone lagi hai."
"Kya aapki dushmani ki saza ye masum log bhugtenge?"

The voices and questions from people as well as reporters surrounded me but I didn't say anything, I walked further while they followed me for answers. My bodyguards managed the crowd and I left.
.
.
.
Inside the palace, the air felt heavier, everyone's face was pale, stress marks were evident and panic dancing all over their movements. After acknowledging my arrival, Vidya asked in panic,

"Is he safe? You caught the person, right?" Vidya's voice trembled with a mix of hope and fear.

I didn't say anything.