⚡ Prologue🩸

Knocks come from the front door. A little boy named Ethan opens the door to see a little girl holding a big bag standing with her mother and a little boy with his grandma. The two boys and the little girl all run upstairs while the two women make their way to find the little boy's mother.

The trio runs up to Ethan's room and begins starting up the console to play video games when the little girl remembers what she brought.

"Wait wait wait! I've got something for you guys!" She runs to the bag, opening it and reached in, grabbing out two giant dragon squishmallows, one orange and the other a rare galaxy design. She turns from the bag and goes back to the boys.

"This one is yours Benny," she says handing the orange one to the tall little boy as orange is his favorite color. "And this one, is yours, Ethan." She says while giving the galaxy one to Ethan. She turns around running back to the bag to grab her emerald green one, then turns back around.

"I knew these were your guys favorite colors." They say 'favorite color at the same time and start giggling and group hug. They all enjoy playing games and hanging out with each other until dinner was called. Diana grabs Ethan's hand before they head downstairs.

"Hey, can we talk..?" She asks nervously. Ethan nods. The little girl swallows and starts to speak, "So, um I'm a witch..I wanted to let you know..Benny knows too..but nobody else really knows. Please don't tell anyone else.." the girl asks rambling while Ethan tries to process what he is being told.

He stops the little girl's rambling. "Diana, it's ok. Thank you for telling me. Now let's go before they notice that we're still up here."  Diana nods and they walk down to the kitchen and sit at the table.

They all eat, give Ethan his gifts and enjoy cake together. After the party the three kids run back upstairs to hang out some more. After a few more hours, Diana and Benny go home for the night.

Ethan gets ready for bed as he is still processing that his best friend is a witch. He gets into bed, sees his galaxy dragon and smiles grabbing it. He lays down with the dragon and soon falls into a deep sleep excited to see Diana again.

~1 Year Later~

Everyone was Diana's house for her birthday. The kids were upstairs and the adults were downstairs.

"Hey, I have ring pops, what if we have a wedding?" Benny asks. "Whose getting married?" Ethan asks. Benny just smirked as he knew that Ethan liked Diana. Ethan instantly knows what is about to happen and before he can say anything, Diana raises her hand jumping up and down.

"Ooh, ooh what about me and Ethan? It sounds like fun and it would be weird if it was you and him." Diana says to Benny. She is excited bc she gets to dress up as a bride, just like the movie Corpse Bride. Benny looks at Ethan who just sighs and nods.

"E, we don't have to if you don't wanna" Diana says. She genuinely wants everyone to enjoy the day. "It's ok, Dee, I wanna do it." She smiles at Ethan and Ethan's heart starts to beat faster.

Benny then speaks up, " What flavors do you want?" The girl immediately said, " Sour Cherry!" Benny tosses that flavor to her and the last flavor of ring pop was Blue Raspberry. Benny walked over to Ethan and handed him the blue ring pop.

Benny then moved Ethan to stand in front of Diana. Diana hands Ethan the cherry ring pop, and takes the blue raspberry one as Benny stands right in the middle of both of them facing the wall.

"Ooh, wait! I have something!" Diana says taking off to grab a thick book off of her bookshelf. She hands it to Benny who opens it and begins to read from it.

After they read from the book, Ethan and Diana grabbed each other's hands and exchanged ring pops. But they didn't let go in time. Suddenly, a silver snake started wrapping itself around both of their arms and once they let go, it disappeared. They were all freaking out and Diana's mom came running up to the room.

"What happened? Are you guys okay?" She asks as the other adults come up behind her.  "Mommy, there was a silver snake, it wrapped around my arm and Ethan's. It happened after Benny read something from the book." She says almost crying.

Ethan and Benny were also scared and Benny was worried he would get in trouble. "It's okay baby, what book?" Diana goes over to Benny, asking for the book. Benny hands her the book with shaky hands and she takes it to her mom.

She hands the book to her mom. Her mom's eyes go wide and she looks at her husband who understands.

"Mommy, are we in trouble?" Diana asks. Her mom shakes her head, while standing up and handing the book over to her husband.

"No baby, you're not in trouble, but no more playing with random books okay?" All three kids nod their heads. Diana's dad speaks up next.

"Okay, who's hungry? Food is getting cold." Everyone starts going downstairs. The kids forget about what happened and enjoy the rest of the time together.

When they all got home, they had no idea what awaited them next year.

~1 More Year Later~

It was November, just after Thanksgiving. Diana's mom had broken the news to Diana that they had to move away. To London. Diana had grabbed her squishmallow and walked over to Ethan's knowing that Benny would probably be there too. She knocked on the door and waited. The door opened to show Ethan's mom. " Hey Diana, what's up?" She asks.

Diana says, " Hey Mrs. Morgan, is Ethan here? I need to talk to him." Mrs. Morgan nods and lets her in. " Benny is here too, they're in Ethan's room." Diana nods and heads up the stairs to Ethan's room. She opens the door, walks into the room shutting the door quietly behind her.

She speaks up, "Hey..um I need to tell you guys something..". Both boys jumped at her voice as they were playing video games. They turn around and face her.

She gathers her courage together, hoping she doesn't cry. "So, I am moving." She says. The boys ask a bombardment of questions about the move.

"Why are you moving?"

"Where are you moving to?"

"When are you moving?"

And many other questions. Diana holds up a hand, quieting them. " Um..I guess my mommy said that it was better for my daddy's job if we moved. I am leaving two days from now, and I am moving to London." She spits out to avoid crying. 

The boys got up from their spots and rushed over to her, hugging her. They want as much time as they can with Diana.

Diana and Benny had spent the night with Ethan the night Diana told them the news. Benny had fallen asleep before Ethan and Diana who switched squishmallows as a remembrance of each other. The next day was filled with fun and time together at Diana's house.

Then came the fateful day. Unfortunately, Diana and her family had left early in the morning so Benny and Ethan never got to say goodbye to her. It would be a long time before they see Diana again.