Sweet Treats

I sat myself down on a bench with trees and flower bushes behind it and opened up my book to where I had the bookmark placed. If Floyd is on time, he should probably be here in about five to ten minutes. I started kicking my feet slightly at the thought of him. Why is he so effing cute?

I've flipped through about six pages at this point and I closed my book so I could throw out my wrapper from the blueberry muffin I grabbed on my way out. When I got up, I spotted the magenta haired cutie just a little ways away.

"Floyyyyd!" I shouted out with a smile and waved my hand in the air which definitely seemed to get his attention. He made his way over and I threw out the wrapper before sitting back down. When he got to me, he sat down on the bench with me and looked over at my book.

"Did I keep you waiting that long that you had to start reading?"

"No no, I've only been here for like five minutes, don't worry." I reassured him and then took in his outfit. He wore a black hoodie with a shattered heart graphic right on the center, a pair of baggy blue ripped jeans, a thin black chain necklace and a singular black X shaped earring on his right ear.

The silence was so loud. I don't even know what to say to him. Thankfully, he broke it with another question.

"Sooo what's your favorite kind of music?" Is he for real right now? I let out a short and quiet laugh only for him to turn his head to be facing the ground.

"Yeah that was a dumb question, I'm not very good at this." He began fidgeting with his thumbs and I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry. It's clumsy but in a way, charming." The melody of a cheerful jingle redirected our attention to now be facing an ice cream truck driving by.

"Wow, I haven't had ice cream in forever." Bingo.

"Do you want one? I have money on me." He looked over his shoulder at me and froze for a brief moment but answered with a slight look of shock on his face.

"Only 'cause you offered." He got up before I did and already started walking towards the truck. Yep, he's clearly holding back some excitement. He's too adorable. I threw my tote bag over my shoulder and got up off the bench to catch up with him. When I did, I continued the conversation.

"What's your favorite flavor? I'm a mint chocolate chip person." While we walked side by side, he placed an index finger against his chin and hummed for a moment.

"Hmmm, I don't know. They don't sell ice cream at Rock City. Let's just go with vanilla to be safe." But didn't he just say-

"But you said it's been a long time since you last had ice cream. Have you not always lived in Rock City?" He seemed to go wide eyed for a second but quickly answered me.

"Oh! Err, I had it as a kid when I used to visit over here." Weird but okay. I guess that makes sense.

We reached the ice cream truck and I asked the worker for one mint chocolate cone and one vanilla cone. He tried giving them to me for free being king and all, but I insisted on paying. That's one of the things I hate about my status. Unless it's a really expensive name brand, they'll always try to offer me free stuff or insist I don't pay.

Look if I have the money, I want to give it away to people who need it more than I do. Of course I like to blow it all on shoes and sometimes dresses to feel pretty and fuel that slight narcissist inside of me, but I have tons of money. It's not like I'll run out.

I took both of the cones and handed one to Floyd and we made our merry way back to the bench. Upon sitting down, I watched Floyd take a small taste of the vanilla swirl and suddenly start biting the ice cream.

"There's no way you bite ice cream." I let a laugh escape my mouth at the sight of this ice cream biter and he looked over at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What? It's good, what do you want from me?" While we ate, we both talked about some of our interests for a while. Turns out we like a lot of the same things. He ended up finishing his cone before I even got halfway through mine but once I did, I heard him make a slight noise to get my attention and I looked over.

"You have a little uh-" His index finger went under my chin and he tilted my head up slightly. His thumb suddenly wiped a small chocolate chip that I hadn't realized was there off of my cheek. My face flushed at the gesture. However, even after wiping it off, he didn't move his hand away from my face.

"Are you wearing lipgloss?" It didn't wipe off from the ice cream? Nice. Wait, Velvet said that if he mentions that, it means he's looking at my lips! Oh my god, yes, thank you dearest sister of mine.

I hummed out a quiet 'maybe' as our faces slowly got closer together. I got an even better view of his gorgeous amethyst colored eyes that had a small amount of pink around the iris now that we were just inches apart. My eyes lidded and suddenly indigo lips met mine making them fully shut.

His kiss felt like heaven on earth. It's so gentle and warm, I never want to stop. My hands tangled themselves through the magenta locks on the back of his head and the kiss slightly deepened. Before it got too far, we both departed after an amazing thirty seconds. Thirty seconds that I'll never forget.

"Does that make us..?" I hesitantly questioned him while taking faster breaths than usual from our endearment. With him also taking quick breaths, he answered.

"I hope so, if you'll have me?" A smile spread across my face and I threw myself onto him with a hug.

"Then yes, I'd love to be your boyfriend!"