Chapter 17: Operation United Phase 1: Visiting the Sardegna Empire

As the morning sunlight shines down on the Azur Lane headquarters, Matthew and his fleet were getting ready to move out with the addition of Lawton into the fleet as she asked to join the fleet which Matthew accepted.

Matthew stood on the prow of his ship, looking out over the horizon as Janet approached him.

"Well, the fleet is ready to go dear." Janet said, looking at me. "You sure you don't need me on this journey?"

"I'm sure Janet." Matthew replied, "Besides, the girls need their commander. We can't have them without a leader, am I right?"

"You have a point there Matthew." Janet said, leaning against the railing of the Battleship. "But you sure you won't need me dear?"

"I'm positive," Matthew replied, "Besides I got Missouri, New Jersey, Lawton, Arizona, Amagi, Nimitz, and Gorgo. That and we'll have contact with the base even all the way out on the other side of the world with my ship's communications array."

"Very well," Janet nodded, before kissing Matthew, "Just be careful, okay? I don't want you getting captured out there."

"Janet, you know they will not be able to contain me with the cells they have even if they do capture me and take me prisoner." Matthew replied, "Besides I'm sure they would not risk facing my wrath after what they saw at Midway."

"Right," Janet said, "but you may never know if they would take that risk."

"True." Matthew replied as Missouri came over to them.

"Matthew, all our ships are fully stocked and loaded." Missouri said, "We're ready to go when you are."

"Very well." Matthew nodded, before looking at Janet. "If anything, major happens let us know."

Janet nodded and kissed Matthew once more. "I will, you guys stay safe."

"We will." Matthew replied as Janet got off the Space Battleship and Missouri went to her ship.

Matthew then got on the comms and began to communicate with his fleet. "Alright ladies, set course for the Sardegna Empire."

"HAI!" the shipgirls said as Matthew released his ship from his moorings, the chains making a huge splash in the water as they dropped one by one.