Chapter 18: Operation United Phase 2: Iris Libre and Vinchya Dominion

On the Train bound for Iris Orthodoxy

As the train was riding the rails towards Iris Orthodoxy, Matthew was watching the scenery go by, he was as happy as he could be. "I can't believe it." Matthew said, cheerfully. "I'm riding on a train driven by a steam locomotive!"

The shipgirls giggled at Matthew's reaction.

"You sure love your trains." Missouri said, chuckling.

"How can I not, they are engineering marvels like you ladies." Matthew said, causing them to smile.

"Oh, you're such a charmer." New Jersey said, giggling.

"I aim to please." Matthew replied, before noticing they were getting close to their destination. "We should be arriving soon."

A half an hour later the train pulls into the Gare de Lyon train station in Paris. Everyone got out onto the station, the sound of Iron Blood music filled their ears, and the sight of a very different flag, more specifically the Vichy France Flag, something that enraged Matthew, but he calmed down.

"It's to be expected since it's 1942." Matthew said, "So we are currently in Vichy France."

"Yeah," Nimitz said, "Iron Blood's ideology seems to have gotten the better of France or Iris Orthodoxy."

"It is indeed a shame this happened." Amagi said, looking around.

"This really angers me to no end." Matthew said, his dorsals glowing ominously, "I despise what the Nazis did during the Second world war."

"Do you think the Iron Blood know of the crimes?" New Jersey said, 

"Probably not, but I plan to change that once we meet them." Matthew replied, holding some files in his hand before putting them in his Jacket.

Meanwhile at the High Command at Poitiers

"Oh, this is bad!" a Vinchya Dominion Destroyer, Vauquelin said, pale as a ghost. "We got trouble coming!"

"Vauquelin?" Algerie, a Vinchya Dominion Cruiser, asked, "What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost?"