Sweet Mornings - Aj Shabeel

(Amara POV)

i woke up this morning to the smell of burning eggs. i quickly rushed downstairs to see what was happening to find Aj trying to stop the eggs from burning.

i chuckled before rushing to help him. i throw the eggs into the bin quickly and placed the pan into the sink to soak it.

"Aje, you need to be careful next time!" i yelled and turn to him to find him already staring at me.

"what?" i asked him before he snapped out of thought.

"nothing. it's just... you look so pretty when you wake up." he says with a small smile plastered on his face.

i lightly laughed and said "please, i wish i looked good in the morning."

i turned around and put the kettle on and grabbed the coffee from the cupboard. when i closed the cupboard, i felt Aj hug me from behind.

me and Aj have been living together for the past 3 years. we weren't together or anything, we just enjoyed each other's company.

we've been doing YouTube together as well, making lots of fun content.

we've had lots of flirty moments and lots of people have been wondering if we were dating.

i wish, but it is what it is.

"since when did you get so touchy? i thought you hated physical touch." i asked. he knew my love language was physical touch, so i think he's playing with me.

"i don't. you just seemed like you needed a hug. you looked stressed." he says, his head hidden in the crook of my neck as he hands start to leave my waist.

i quickly pulled them and placed them back on my waist before saying "hey, i never said for you to take them off. i was just asking."

he started laughing. his laugh was honestly so sweet. just being in his presence makes me smile.

i was making coffee for the both of us since i needed it and since i was making one for myself, might as well make one for Aj.

Aj went to the table and sat on one of the chairs, while i made coffee and eggs.

once everything was finished i brought the eggs and coffee and place it in front of him.

a smile crept onto his face and he wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me.

i hugged him back before grabbing my own food and sitting next to him.

"thanks mars bars." he said before eating a couple eggs.

"mars bars?" i said, lightly chuckling. "where did that come from?"

"well, your name sounds like the Mars bar, so i just decided to add an extra s to the bar." he explained.

i giggled before taking a sip of my coffee. we ate in comfortable silence. it was nice to just eat and enjoy each other's company.

once we finished, i placed to plates into the sink before starting to wash them.

once i was finished, i turned around and saw Aj drinking some of my coffee.

"why are you drinking from my coffee mug? i made you your own so you wouldn't be drinking from mine." i say taking my mug back.

"i know, but yours taste so much better." he says.

"i made us the exact same coffee. tell me, how does that make it taste better?" i say while laughing.

we were both laughing until we calmed down. it got awkwardly quiet when i realised i was standing an inch away from his face.

i cleared my throat and backed up, so he can have his space.

"um, are you filming today?" i say, walking to grab my phone.

"yeah, George should be coming in a minute or two."

"ok cool. i've actually decided to take a break from posting for a while."

"ok, that's calm. then i take a break to spend more time with you."

"Aj, you don't have to do that you know. your fans need you."

"yeah, i know that, but i would rather spend my time with you." he says looking deep into my eyes.

every time he does this, i wanna believe that he has feelings for me. but then i just realise he's just being friendly.

"thanks Aj. that's really sweet."

i hear George's car horn beep from outside, showing that he's here. Aj quickly grabbed all his stuff and rushed to the door.

i realised he still left his phone on the counter. i grabbed it and put it behind my back before rushing to Aj.

"Aj, aren't you forgot something?" i asked with a smirk on my face.

Instead of him asking for his phone, he came up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. my heart fluttered. this cannot be real.

"Better?" he asked.

"i was talking about your phone, but that was definitely better." i say, revealing his phone from behind my back and giving it to him.

he gave me quick hug before walking out the door. but before i knew, i heard footsteps come up from behind me.

Aj was running towards me. i think he forgot something again.

"Aj, what are you-" i was cut off quickly by Aj when he cups my face and placed his lips on mine.

we pull away after a few seconds. i couldn't contain my smile.

"i'll miss you. bye mars bars." he says before running out the door.

my stomach was doing backflips. holy shit. i kissed Aj!

(time skip)

i was sitting at home watching Bridgerton in my room when i heard the front door open.

i quickly ran to the front door and hugged Aj.

"hey. how was the shoot?" i asked.

"good, we played would i lie to you."

"what's in the bags?" i asked seeing the bags in his hand.

"some Chinese. i figured you didn't want to cook so i bought some."

"cool." i say as we walk into the kitchen.

we got our food and walked into the living room to watch a movie.

we were cuddling and eating when i looked up at Aj. he looked down at me and used his thumb to wipe something off my face.

i smiled softly at him and he leaned in and kissed me. i instantly kissed back and it started to get a bit heated.

i pulled away, my breath heavy and our foreheads touching.

"hey, before we do anything, you have to take me on a date first." i say.

"that's fine by me." he says before we lean in again.
————————————————
A/N: hey eveyone. i know i've been gone for so long and i am sorry but it's hard to try and think of ideas and even harder to write during mocks.

my mocks are on the 17th and i've been revising like crazy. but it has payed off cause i got an 8 in my recent Chemistry and Re tests.

but hopefully you enjoy this story and i hope to be writing more in the future.

love you all 🫶🏾🫶🏾🫶🏾