{5}

Stevie's pov.

When the lights had gone out, I knew something was wrong. Maybe it was my instinct, maybe it wasn't, but I knew the lights didn't just accidentally go out for bad electrical problems. Or maybe I was just that smart.

Then I felt him. His aura held more brightness and beauty than in years. The divine violets and blues danced from one place to another within the room, he was definitely trying to distract me, to screw with my fucking head. Which only heightened my senses more, he knew I could see exceptionally good in the dark and he used that as an advantage.

My eyes were trailing after his spirit with great speed, never missing a beat, until he suddenly stopped right in back of Auden. Oh no.

Auden was completely unaware of the figure behind him, looking all around the room. With myself being so close to his presence, I could make put every detail upon his face, even his little dimple that popped out when his pursed his lips. If only he was conscious of the cliff he was hanging off of at the minute.

A hand slowly appeared out of the aura, going straight for his head. Still, he was unfazed as the hand gently grazed the top and his head. the hand then soon placed itself on his head, the hand big enough to cover the width of his head.

I stared mystified at what kind of joke the spirit was playing on me. He certainly was aware that he was treading on thin water when he placed his hand on Auden. He also knew it angered me incredibly, so he of course did it anyways.

Auden's eyes then widened as if he saw Satan himself, fear engulfed within them. Then he fell to the ground with his eyes closing. My guess, he fainted.

The aura faded away, leaving me with Cassiel. His expression seemed rather smug when he saw my hands clenched into fists.

"Isn't it nice to see you here." his hands effortlessly skim at the walls.

"Why are you even here? Or should I say, how are you even here? I thought you were banished from this realm."

His eyes turned fierce, not in a harmful way but in approval. "I could say the same to you, X."

"That's doesn't answer my god damn question." I retort back with an even tone.

Cassiel flips his golden hair back and clicks his tongue as if the conversation was already boring him.

"Are you really that ignorant to believe that they could keep from me the earth. The kindness of humans is more heavenly then the likes of it up there." He points up.

I shrug my shoulders, not wanting an answer anymore.

"Look, if you came here to tell me about you're 'first world' problems, you'll be sadly disappointed; I'm not your shrink."

He just smiled at my response, knowing I would say that.

I continued bantering at him, "And it surly beats me to comprehend why you went after Auden in the first place, we both know your business here is with me."

In the meantime Ms. Whoopkey managed to get the power back, seeing that Auden was completely unconscious. In fact everybody saw Auden's condition. Everyone filed
around his still body, unaware of Cassiel's and my position. Though what they saw wasn't what was truly happening. They only saw me, and I was siting neatly in my chair right beside Auden. And that's all they needed to see.

Cassiel turned away from the crowd, facing me again. His eyes always full of amusement.

"Would you like me to enlighten you then?"