Chapter 2

♫  Until I found you - Stephen Sanchez

It was finally the weekend

You head out of your room and you went to the living room, trying to find your pencil case because you need to do your homework. After a long time of trying to find your pencil, you gave up and went back to your room, lying down flat on your bed, and decided to take a nap after all the things you experienced today.

Suddenly, someone called you from outside your bedroom door.

You hear a knock on your door and the voice of your mother "Eunyu, wake up. Someone is at the door and he's looking for you." My mother is finally talking to me after months. You quickly stand up and open your door, seeing your mother in front of you.

"M-mom..? Why did you ignore me for months? I tried to talk to you and you never answered me. I also told you that I was the top student but you didn't listen to a single word I was saying." You speak with a shaky tone, feeling both happy and concerned at the same time.

"I'm so sorry, darling. I'll cook you your favorite soup tomorrow, and congratulations on being the top student." Your mother smiled as she offered you a hug and you hugged back. It feels nice hugging her after she ignored me for 2 months.

You break the hug and run towards the door, who would look for me when I don't have friends? you ask yourself in your head, opening the door.

"Good evening, Eunyu. Sorry to disturb you but I just wanted to give you your pencil case back, you left it on your desk and I decided to pick it up and return it to you. I thought you might need it." Jaehyun; your classmate, says and hands you your pencil case.

You hugged him after he spoke, tears running down your cheeks. He looks at you confused why you were crying but he still hugs you back. "T-thank you, Jaehyun. You're the reason why my mom talked to me after months.." you respond, stuttering.

"Oh, is that so..? I'm sorry to hear that and also, you can sit with me tomorrow. We're partners in biology."
He said in a concerned tone. "Eunyu, if you need anything, you can talk to me whenever you want to."
He says while wiping your tears off of your cheeks.

"I'll treat you tomorrow, yeah? You also like sweets, right Eunyu?"

"Yes, I like sweets. Thank you again, Jaehyun" You say as you break the hug and wipe the last tear. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow" He says, smiling as he walks off, waving goodbye at you.

After I encountered Jaehyun, my mood suddenly lightened up. Someone finally understood me. I finally felt the feeling of someone caring about me.

You closed the door. Seeing your mother sleeping on the couch. I felt happy seeing my mom sleep peacefully with no tears dropping across her face.