Chapter 3

(This chapter includes photos!)

♫ So let's go see the stars - Boynextdoor

You both arrive at the dessert shop near your school campus. "What do you want, Eunyu? I'll pay for whatever you'll buy," He asked, looking at you. "I'll order the same thing as what you'll order," you respond, smiling softly. "I'll buy apple tarts, is that okay for you?"

I was surprised, apple tarts are actually my favorite.

"Yeah, I'll have that. Apple tarts are actually my favorite." You respond, him nodding and smiling at you.

As your orders were served, he quickly took a bite of his apple tart. You also took a bite of yours and felt slightly flustered as Jaehyun was watching you eat, staring directly at your eyes. A thought came to your mind and you grab your phone from your pocket, planning on taking a picture of him.

I took a picture of Jaehyun showing off his apple tart proudly.

I think I fell in love. But I don't wanna tell him and ruin our friendship. I'll hide my feelings for now and wait for the right time to confess my feelings.

Jaehyun is my safe place. We shared stories, laughed together and also exchanged secrets.

It's my first time to smile this widely, to laugh this loud and to feel this way.

_____

When you arrived home, you saw your mother asleep on the couch and you smelled the scent of your favorite soup from the kitchen. You peeked your head at the dining table and saw your favorite soup.

I can finally taste my favorite soup after months.
I felt nostalgic while taking a sip of mom's soup. It was too overwhelming.

After you ate, you washed the dishes and slept after.

_____

You wake up from hearing notifications coming from your phone, you grab your phone and turn it on and check the time. It's 2:30 in the morning. The notifications were messages from Jaehyun, I tapped the notifications, why was he texting me at this hour?