Chapter 7 Pamper Your Devil

Paimon felt the immense weight on his shoulder growing, bending his spine, forcing his hands and head to the ground into a prostrate posture. Yet the pressure still hadn't relented until his knees and hands sank deeper into the granite floor. Any mundane creature would have been reduced to a pile of crushed bone and flesh, and Paimon groaned in agony.

"My Lord! Please! I meant no disrespect!" The duke pleaded in panic. His arrogant demeanour was gone.

Azazil rolled his eyes as he glanced at the grinning Astaroth. He then unfurled the scroll and quickly skimmed through several cryptic symbols of the First Language. Many people on Earth believed Enochian was the language of angels, but that was not exactly the truth, as Enochian was, in fact, the language of Enoch, the righteous city elevated to Heaven by God. Its language was widely spoken by the residents there, though not so prevalent outside Enoch.

The actual angelic language was widely referred to as the "First Language" or "Divine Language," as God made angels before humans, and he conversed with them in his language. Though just like human languages, the First Language had also evolved into many different dialects, yet the fallen angels adhered to the most authentic version. Each symbol of the language had the capability to store and convey complicated and lengthy ideas and information, and several paragraphs were capable of carrying the information of an entire book.

Beelzebub's invitation was, as usual, written in the most tedious and pretentious way, even though it was considered very short by human standards. Azazil yawned as he read, already losing his patience.

It was the same platitude. The big three had been strategically sending their demons to Earth in the recent decade to harvest souls and possess certain vital individuals who held important, influential positions in human society. And they wanted the rest of the four devils to join forces to create "a viable future for hell."

However, this time, Beelzebub's tone was slightly harsher than usual, verging on threatening. The Lord of Flies lectured him that as the first fallen angel and the first devil who corrupted humanity and reigned in hell, Azazil had a duty to not only his subjects but also the entire nine circles of hell. Beelzebub went further to upbraid Azazil for neglecting his duty in recent centuries, which Azazil did not appreciate one bit.

Neglecting his duty?! He hadn't even had a vacation for almost two centuries! And when he finally decided to give himself one, they had to drag him back just to read this bullshit!

Azazil wanted to burn the scroll right then and there, possibly along with Beelzebub's pet duke, and his facial expression was probably not hiding it. Astaroth cleared his throat very loudly and then slightly shook his head, cautioning Azazil to act with discretion. The devil of envy was not someone they wanted to mess with without a good reason.

Azazil took a few deep breaths and waved his hand. The unbearable weight was instantaneously lifted from Paimon's shoulder, and the duke gasped in relief. However, Paimon didn't dare to stand up yet. He realized that he had made a grave mistake by underestimating Satan and his temper.

Azazil used to be the most fearsome king of all, for he was the devil of wrath, the OG of a heaven-shaking rebellion that unsettled even God, and every fallen angel, including Lucifer, had to tread carefully around him lest landing on his bad side. However, in recent centuries, Satan seemed to have gone soft and was no longer as prominent as he used to be. He locked his kingdom away from other regimes and ceased responding to invitations or meeting requests from other devils altogether. He also no longer encouraged his demons to find opportunities to enter Earth and corrupt souls. Even people on Earth had noticed his absence and misattributed many of his deeds and tales, including his title to Lucifer, and Satan didn't do anything about it.