Chapter 12: The Darkest moments

the group was hiding from Alex and Damon's father, who was possessed by the entity and was trying to hunt them down. The group was terrified of him and knew they had to stay hidden to survive.

As the entity's influence grew stronger, Alex and Damon's eyes turned black as coal. They began to speak in unison, their voices low and menacing. "You should have stayed out of this, Crissy," they hissed.

The group knew they had to hide. They fled to the nearest room, their hearts pounding in their chests. They barricaded the door, hoping to keep Alex and Damon's father out.

But they knew it was only a matter of time before he found them. They could hear his footsteps outside, heavy and deliberate. He was trying to wear them down, to make them crack under the pressure.

Ruby, who had been standing in the hallway, suddenly felt an unseen force lift her off the ground. She began to float in mid-air, her eyes wide with terror.

Crissy, Martin, Perry, jack, and Harrison watched in horror as Ruby's body rose higher and higher, her screams echoing off the walls.

"Ruby!" Crissy screamed, her voice trembling with fear. "Oh God, Ruby!"

But it was too late. With a sudden jolt, Ruby's body flew across the hallway, her neck snapping like a twig. She crashed to the floor, her eyes frozen in a permanent stare.

The group knew they had to keep hiding. They couldn't let Alex and Damon's father find them. They huddled together in silence, their hearts heavy with grief and fear.

The group stood in the orphanage, surrounded by the eerie silence of the abandoned building. Alex and Damon, now back to their normal selves, were in shock, their eyes fixed on Ruby's lifeless body.

Her neck was twisted at an unnatural angle, her eyes frozen in a permanent stare. Blood trickled from her mouth, and a thin stream of crimson flowed from her left eye, as if her very soul was escaping.

The group gasped in unison, their minds reeling with horror. Crissy's eyes widened, her face pale with shock. Harrison's jaw dropped, his eyes fixed on Ruby's broken form. Perry and Damon looked like they'd seen a ghost, their faces ashen.

Alex's face contorted in anguish. "Ruby!" he screamed, his voice echoing off the walls. "Wake up, Ruby! Please wake up!"

He shook her lifeless body, tears streaming down his face. "No, no, no! This can't be happening!"

The group tried to calm him down, but Alex's grief turned to rage. "This is all your fault, Crissy!" he spat, his eyes blazing with anger. "If you hadn't messed with that book, Ruby would still be alive!"

Crissy tried to explain, but Alex wouldn't listen. "You're a curse, Crissy! A bad luck charm! You should never have come to the orphanage!"

The argument escalated, with Martin slapping Alex to snap him out of his tirade. But the damage was done. The group was torn apart, each member lost in their own grief and anger.

As the chaos subsided, Alex was left alone, holding Ruby's lifeless body, his tears falling on her pale face. Perry and Damon sat in stunned silence on the couch, their minds reeling with shock. Harrison tried to comfort Jack, Mr. and Mrs. Martin, and Crissy, but she was beyond consolation.

In the corner of the room, Crissy broke down, her body shaking with sobs. Alex's harsh words had cut deep, and she couldn't shake the feeling that she was indeed responsible for Ruby's death.

Crissy's eyes were empty, her heart heavy with sorrow. She felt like she was drowning in a sea of despair, with no lifeline in sight. The entity's words echoed in her mind, "No one likes you, Crissy. Everyone hates you." She felt like she was all alone, that no one cared about her.