ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ: ꜰʟᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜᴇꜱ

::::**•°𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 °•**::::

....::::**•°𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 °•**::::....

Earlier in the midnight

I stepped out of the spare room, the echoes of our fight still reverberating in my mind. The distance between San and me felt like an insurmountable chasm, his disappointment and hurt a palpable weight on my chest. My decision regarding my father had shaken him deeply, and the horrible slap—the look in his eyes, his hurt expression—haunted me relentlessly. My heart ached with the memory, longing to return to the days when we were happy and carefree, when his love was my constant solace and his soft voice lulled me to sleep.

After retracting my statements in court and ensuring that my father would face the consequences he deserved, I felt a complex mix of relief and regret. My love for my family had clouded my judgment, and the realization of my mistake only deepened my sorrow. I wandered to the kitchen, feeling lost and adrift, leaning my head against the cool surface of the counter. The emptiness of the space echoed the loneliness I felt within.

San had helped me fall asleep the night before, holding me despite his anger, offering a glimmer of the closeness we once shared. But when I woke up, he was gone, and the void he left behind felt unbearable. The absence of his presence, his comforting touch, amplified the ache in my heart.

As I sat there, the tears I had been holding back finally gathered in my eyes. I tried to suppress them, but the overwhelming sense of loss and regret was too much to bear. The tears spilled over, trailing down my cheeks as I buried my face in my hands, the quiet sobs wracking my body.

I wished for the words to make things right, to heal the rift between us, but they seemed elusive, slipping away every time I tried to grasp them. The enormity of my mistake loomed over me, and I feared that I had irreparably damaged the most important relationship in my life.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear San enter the room until he was standing beside me. I looked up, blinking through the tears, to see his concerned eyes watching me. His presence was a balm to my aching heart, even if I wasn't sure if he could ever truly forgive me.

I knew that night when he held me, he wanted, he missed me as much as I missed him, but he tried holding himself back, and it was tearing me apart. I needed him back, needed us to be the way we were.

"Why aren't you sleeping, Wooyoung? You should be resting after the day you had. It must have been tough retracting the statement. Go sleep," he said calmly, his concern evident.

I shook my head, feeling the weight of my actions pressing down on me. "I can't. I still feel horrible—about you and how I treated you. Do you think I care about the statement? I don't care about that," I whispered, biting my lip to hold back the emotions threatening to overwhelm me.

San sighed, his expression softening. He reached out, gently tilting my chin so I would look at him. "Wooyoung, I know you're hurting. But beating yourself up isn't going to help either of us. We need to find a way to move forward, to heal from this."