1•

"Maa yrr please ab mera career to settle ho gaya hai na. Ab degree ki kya jaroorat hai?" Shubman spoke frustrated by the constant pestering of his mother regarding his degree.

"Shub tu hi bata aise accha lagta hai kya bina degree ke?" His mother spoke with the same frustration as all she wanted was one degree.

"Maa yeh bohot orthodox nahi ho gaya?"

"Tu apni maa ke liye itna bhi nahi kr sakta? Sirf teen saal ka Bsc toh krna hai aur waise bhi tujhe 12th mai kitne acche marks the, toh koi problem bhi nahi hogi."

"Maa you are impossible. Aur mere cricket ka kya?"

"Maine kab mana kiya waise bhi tumlog ghar pe hi hote ho na jab matches nahi hote aur aisa bhi nahi hai ki pura saal har din matches hote hai. Jab matches honge tab khelke wapas jaya kr na."

Shubman sighed, he knew his mother was adamant and he was nowhere compared to her. He abruptly left the conversation and made his way towards his room.

His room was the only thing which could give him peace right now. As he saw his sister's and father's photos hanging on the wall, he smiled.

His father and sister passed away three years back when he was just at the start of his cricketing career. He traced his hand on the frames hanging, each picture carrying a bittersweet memory with them.

As the tears flowed freely from his eyes, he tried to seep in his mother's words. He was not afraid of getting a degree but the thought that he had to leave his mother behind scared him.

He knew it was impossible for him to get a degree in India and he had to make his way to some other country for the degree.

"Di, aap hi samjhao na maa ko. Kitni jiddi hai same aap jaisi. Aree nahi Leni yrr degree kya hi bigad jayega? Par pata nahi kyu issue ye baar ye bhi lagta hai ki maa jo kehti hai krleta hu."

His mother watched the scene unfold infront of her eyes with moist eyes. How she wishes her daughter to be here and make her idiot son understand her point.

"Shub beta meri itna chinta mat kr mujhe kuch nahi hoga."

Shubman wiped his tears and looked at the door. He straight away went and hugged his mother crying like a baby.

"Par maa mujhe aapko chodke nahi jana."

"Shub ye bas 3 saal ki baat hai. Aur kya pata tu mere liye koi acchi si foreign wali bahu le aaye." She wiped his tears as he chuckled at her words.

"Maa aap na bohot bure ho par bohot acche bhi ho. Bas aapki khushi ke liye mai ye degree degree ke lunga." Shubman smiled as she kissed his head.

Her warmth was the only thing Shubman craved for after his intense practice sessions and her lap was the only place where he found all the answers to his unanswered answers.

"Good ab tu so ja hum kal subah universities ki list bana ke dekh lenge aage kya karna hai. Hmm."

"Hmm. Good night, I love you Maa."

"I love you too mera beta." Dropping a kiss on his head again his mother left the room closing the door and Shubman looked at the ceiling.

How he wished his sister and father were present here today. How much he craved to show his success to his father, and how he craved to celebrate his every century with his father who was the sole reason he was who he was today.

It hurted so much at times when he remembered the playful fights he had with his sister over some very silly topics and everytime he would surrender because she was his queen and he always bowed down in front of his queen.

No Shubman never called her queen, she herself called her one and once she was gone Shubman understood why she was the queen of his life. From his first time going school to first time playing first class cricket she had seen it all.

She was his one and only biggest cheerleader in his low times, her words though funny yet managed to motivate him everytime he would have a downfall.

How unlucky was he that he could not even share his first international match with his two biggest parts of life and not even his mother. She was so lost in her grief that she never looked at her son's success.

His mother was not aware of him being the big name in cricket until she accidentally stumbled upon an interview on YouTube where all the big cricket talents were praising Shubman for his skills and techniques and achievements at such a young age.

"Shub beta ye aasan to nahi hone wala tu bas prepare rehna ab." Shubman muttered to himself before sleep took away the better of him.

Next morning Shubman and his mother listed out every university which could help Shubman and they stumbled upon UCL, London who were also ready to help Shubman as him being a cricketer would need some different priorities and they were ready to help him in every possible aspect.

Shubman smiled in relief as they were done. His mother patted his back as she decided to pack his bags for London as he had to leave in the next two days since the first semester had already begun there.

"Maa it's all done aur packing bhi mai kr lunga aap chinta mat kro." Shubman said , not to stress his mother into his things.

"Nahi tu Jaa aur BCCI ke office mai ye pehle inform krke aa. Woh sabse important kaam hai. Aur haa aate hue humare favourite cafe se do coffee le aana."

Shubman smiled and got up to complete the very very important task he has in his hands while his mother packed his bags since she knew her son who would take the whole room on his head if he doesn't find a single thing which is related to him.

•••••
Hey guys, we are here with another story on our beloved couple Shub and Sara.

Now the things which are very important to discuss,
-This story is purely fictional. It has nothing related to personal lives of any character portrait in the story.

-I know the things which are going to be mentioned or have been mentioned in the story do not make sense, like the off days from BCCI and only being present for matches for example, but you guys need to understand again that this is fiction.

-Some people might get triggered about the mention of his father and sister but again clearing it, it is nothing related to their personal lives. Only fiction.

-The first chapter is quite emotional but the story is not emotional, yes it may have some scenes as per the story demands but this is a romance novel and it will focus on the same.

-This story might have slow updates (might😜).

-If you have any suggestions you can freely comment or message me on Instagram. I'd is mentioned in my bio.

-Also hope you shower the same love on this one too which you have been showering on the other one.

-Thank you.

🫧💗