Chapter 3-Goodbye Restogen

Greatly sorry to those that actually wanted chapter 3, I know I've taken a lot of time to post this chapter and in all honesty it was just the lack of motivation.

To those who still read, thank you, I wont lag again.

Finn was awoken by the loud beep beside him. He squinted at first but his eyes cleared quickly, looking left he could see a machine with a screen, numbers glowed on a screen, beside it a green squiggle. As he looked at it the machine let out another beep. Turning his attention to his right he saw a familiar face sitting in a chair. Amber stared at him but didn't speak, Finn tried to speak but had to clear his throat first. Grunting the knot away, "What happened?" are his first words. "You shattered half your ribs, broke both arms and both legs and you mutilated most of your body."  Hearing the list of injuries, memories of the past flooded his mind. I FELL.

   Suddenly fear grew in the pit of his stomach wondering what his body looks like. Looking down he can see the outline of a body covered by a blanket, finally after a moment of thinking he attempted to lift his hand. Succeeding he removed the blanket off him. Revealing his body the same as it was before but he's wearing a gray long sleeve, he noticed a thin tube runs into his left sleeve. Before he could move anymore of his body the door opened, Mr. Lobotomy walked into the room. "Good morning Mr. Restogen, glad you're finally awake!" Lobotomy said joyfully.

  "Morning" Finn replied, less enthusiastic. "I know you've barely woken up but it is currently ten twenty-six am, a reasonable time for you to get home is by eleven" he explained. Before Finn could say anything he continued, "Your home isn't too far from the academy, about twenty miles." The principal finished. Finn thought of everything he said for another moment before moving to get up. "Amber if you'll disconnect that." Before Lobotomy could finish his order she stood to help Finn.

  Amber quickly pulled the needle from his arm, a quick burning flamed where the needle was pulled but it was quickly covered with a cotton ball and tape. Looking down at his arm it looked normal and exactly the same as before.  He looked up at Amber who was already walking away from her finished job. Getting off the bed Finn stayed standing still for a moment, he feared to take a step. Finally lifting a foot forward he took a step forward. How were they able to fully repair my body after those injuries?? Finn questioned.

  "Your Lifeline and your knife are on the counter." Amber said from the foot of the bed, gesturing towards the right of Finn. Looking to the wall beside him he noticed a small counter on the right side of the bed. Laying on it is his fathers lifeline and a knife in its sheath. Walking over to the two Finn looked down at them. The screen of the lifeline is pitch black. Examining the knife he recognized it as the one Julian gave him. What's that tied around it? Finn wondered in his head.

  "Julian said he should've given the sheath a lot sooner but said whether you join or not you should have that." Amber said behind Finn walking a few steps closer. Grabbing the knife, Finn took a moment and looked at the ribbon tied around the knife. "And the ribbon is enhanced to repel demons. I figured you should keep it in case you don't come back." She said when he noticed the ribbon. It took Finn a moment before he could reply, what she said echoed inside his head. "Thank you, I really appreciate it." Finn finally thanked her while looking in her direction.

"Sorry to interrupt but now is the best time to say your goodbyes!" Mr. Lobotomy said from the back of the room, when did he get that far back? Finn wondered. "Goodbye Finn, I hope you enjoyed your time here at restogen." Amber said looking at Finn's eyes but his mind was wondering about Lobotomy. "Right, It was really fun even though I fell, I still enjoyed it here." He replied, finally looking at her now, Finn looked in a different direction after only a moment of eye contact and a soft smile from Amber. Thankfully she turned the opposite way and walked toward the door. Lobotomy is already holding it open.