Like a fiework p2

Today I was taking Travis to the blue bird cafe where we were meeting my childhood best friend Abigail. I put on a cute litte sundress and did some light make up, kinda like a no makeup look. Travis looked super cute today in his matching shirt. My dress was white with little sunflowers all around it and Travis's shirt was white with the same flowers.

At around 12 o'clock, we started to walk to the town. We strolled along taking our time. Travis seemed tense though today. I knew he worried about what everyone would think about him.

"Hey calm down, she'll love you", i said putting my two arms around his shoulders.

"I know, i just wanna make a good first impression".

Me and Travis had been going out for nearly two years, but with touring and his games we just never got to see Abigail. It wasn't long before we reached the cafe and we headed in to the please wait to be seated sign.

I looked over and saw Abbies big head of curls and let the waiter know we were meeting someone. I walked over, Travis close behind me like a  4 year old on the first day of school. As i approached her, her eyes looked up.
"Taylor", she shouted, jumping up as we embraced in a huge.

"Abbie this is Travis," i said introducing him

They both leaned in for a side hug and we all sat around the table. The conversation was flowing as they found Kansas City to be there common ground since Abbie had went to college there. Once we ordered food, The music began with lots of small indie and folk musicians taking the stage.

"Was this really where you were discovered," Travis whispered over to me.

"Sure is", I looked over smiling to him.

LATER

When we got back home, it was near dark. Mom and dad were both sitting in the living room watching some programmes on the tv, as quiet as mice. We were getting ready for movie night when Travis sparked up the idea to go down and sit by the lake to watch the sunset.

"Sound lovely"

"Put something nice on and we can snap a few photos." He replied

I put on a beautiful two piece with blue designs and a maxi skirt. My makeup was still fine from earlier so i just touched up my lipstick. Wr walked down the small path from the house to the lakefront and stood on the wooden deck. The orange sun peaked under the horizon and a cold breeze fluttered the air. I looked around talking it in.

I looked to my left, to see the top of Travis's head and his two bright eyes staring back at me.

"Taylor, from the moment I met you, I knew how special you were. Your kind heart, your beautiful smile and those big blue eyes. You bring out the best in me and i love the person i am when im with you. You make me feel seen and heard in a way that no one else has. I promise to laugh,cry and build a life with you that is filled with love, joy and adventure. So Taylor ...
Will you marry me?

"Omg yesss", I shouted running into his arms.

We walked back to the house where we were surprised by all our family and friends. They all cheered as we walked into the living room.
After things had settled down, I looked over to mom.
So this explains the silence earlier, I laughed.

I looked around the room, and thought how lucky I was to have such a great family. I watched as Travis talked to all my relatives and friends, listening to their stories, taking the occasional glance around the room for me.
How did I get so lucky.

Thank you so much for reading.

Requests ————>