III

Four years ago, Serim, Allen, and Woobin were best friends. Nobody could ever separate them. 

    "When are you guys free?" Allen asked, waiting for the lunch line to budge. "I'm free tonight." Serim said, leaning against the wall behind him. "I'm not, I have to study for Calculus. You guys free this weekend though? I have the car." Woobin claimed, looking at his phone. "We can hang out tonight, I got drinks! And yeah Woobin, rub it in our faces you're smart." Allen said, rolling his eyes. "Uh-huh, you're gonna be a valedictorian between the three of us." Serim said, grabbing a tray. "Sure guys." Woobin replied, grabbing a sandwich. 

   "Hey, Selm!" Allen exclaimed, opening his front door. His parents were gone, and he was home alone. "Hey Len. Where's your parents?" Serim said, stepping in, taking his shoes off. "They're not here for at least two weeks or so." Allen said, shrugging. After small talk, they walked over to his kitchen, grabbing their alcoholic drinks, running like little children to sit in Allen's room. "Does it ever get lonely when you're here by yourself?" Serim asked, laying on the bed. "Sometimes. That's why I invite you guys. You and Woobin are my only friends." Allen said, frowning, but taking a large swig of the bottle in front of him. 

  As drunk as they could get, Serim laughs at himself, grabbing his bag, pulling out a small plastic bag. "Oh my god, do you wanna try edibles?" Serim asked, looking down at the two gummy bears in front of him. "Sure!" Allen said, grabbing the red one, downing it immediately. "Bottoms up, bitch!" Serim said, downing his with more alcohol. They talked, waiting for it to kick in. 

   As it kicked in, Serim and Allen laid beside each other, looking into each other's eyes. Serim didn't know what came over him, leaning in, being met with the taste and smell of alcohol. Allen reciprocated, accepting what happened. As things got heated, Serim snapped out of his trance, pushing the black-haired boy away from him. "Did I do something?" Allen asked, his voice cracked and quiet. "I'm not gay." Serim said, grabbing his things, shoving them into his bag. "Then why would you kiss me? That says something, Selm." Allen replied, sitting up. "No, I'm not, you're fucking gay? That's so fucking weird. I would never hang out with someone that's gay." Serim said, the vulgar words enough to make Allen get up and push him out of his room. "Get the fuck out of my house!" Allen screamed through the door. Serim kicked the door, going downstairs to call Woobin. He left the boys' house.

  "Pick me up." He called, walking around the quiet street. "Why? You okay, Selm?" Woobin, from the other line said. "Can you just come over please?" Serim practically begged, laying down on the bus bench behind him. "Be there in 10 or so. Where are you?" Woobin asked. "101 Lipton Lane, near Allen's house." Serim said, hanging his phone up. He looked at his lock screen, frowning. A picture of the three of them together. He changed it, deleting Allen out of his contacts, blocking his name everywhere. He closed his eyes, waiting for Woobin to come pick him up. 

  "Serim!" Woobin screamed from his car. "Huh?" Serim woke up, confused. He got up, looking to see where he was, not remembering a single thing. "Get in the car, it's 2 AM. My parents are going to kill me so I have to stay over at your house. I told them that I was coming over anyway." Woobin said, unlocking his doors. As Serim got in, he was quiet. "Anything happened that made you leave Leni's house?" Woobin asked, breaking the silence. "No, I just didn't want to bother him anymore." He lied, remembering the specific details of what happened. "Makes sense." Woobin hummed, pulling over at Serim's house, turning his car off. He got out of the car, waiting for Serim to do the same. 

  Serim got out, not saying any words after what was said in the car, grabbing the ladder that they use to sneak into his room. Woobin just thought he was tired and buzzed. After that night, Allen was never seen in school again, letting Woobin know that he had to move schools urgently, never knowing the reason why.