Chapter Seven

The wedding was in two days and I had nothing to worry about. Lucy was planning everything and popped in whenever she wanted my decision on the flower arrangement or the theme and moreover it was going to be a small ceremony so there wasn't much planning to do anyway. The reception was the big deal and Xavier was taking care of it. After the interview and our photoshoot were published, the media went wild over our engagement announcement. We were trending on twitter and Xavier was right, everyone believed our story and ate that shit up. I suppose, deep down, we're all romantics.

I did receive some hate comments on my social media from women who looked liked models and some from fake accounts calling me a 'Bitch', 'Whore', 'Gold digger'. It didn't bother me that much because I kind of expected it because let's be real, Xavier is undeniably stunning, while I consider myself to be plain. In the real world, he would have never taken a second look at someone like me.

"Damn, these women are brutal. Did you tell him about this?" Ginny asked as I was chewing my pasta. She was the only thing making me stay sane in that huge ass mansion. I was grateful to have someone to chat with. With a month left before my classes began, staying in this mansion was getting boring with not much to do.

"No, why should I? He would ask me to ignore it which I am already doing." I mumbled, shaking my head as I took another bite of my food. I hardly speak to him unless it's anything related to the wedding. We were just two strangers in the mansion, helping out each other for mutual benefits.

"He might take some action about these internet bullies, dear. He has the power to do it."

"Why would he do that, Ginny? It's not as if he has any concern for me," I exclaimed, angrily spearing my pasta with the fork, when suddenly, I sensed a warm presence behind me.

Xavier's deep voice echoed from behind, "What wouldn't I do? What's happening here?" I mentally groaned in frustration.

"Mr. Hudson, please sit down. I will serve you dinner." Ginny rushed inside the kitchen, leaving us both alone. This was the first time he was going to have a meal with me and his presence was making me nervous already. What was he playing at now?

"Take it easy on your meal,"

I observed myself absentmindedly playing with my food, then rested my fork on the plate before locking eyes with his captivating green gaze, which oddly calms me. I noticed that he was still in his suit with his tie undone that somehow made him look ten times hotter. I bet he can pull any look effortlessly unlike me. He looked tired but gorgeous nonetheless.

"Hello, Xavier. Didn't see you there."

"That attitude is going to cost you one day." He added with raised eyebrows and I gave him a fake smile.

"It is much better than you anger," I mumbled under my breath and saw a slight twitch at the corners of his lips.

"Care to tell me what you were discussing with Ginny earlier?"

"Nope. It's none of your business."

"Everything about you is my business from now. You are going to be my wife." He replied in a stern voice and I pursed my lips, trying to stay calm.

"Fake wife." I corrected and I saw something flicker in his eyes. We both kept staring at each other until we were interrupted by Ginny. I let out a sigh and stood up from my seat.

"I'm done eating. Enjoy your meal, Xavier." I added before, walking away from him and I felt his eyes on my back as I went upstairs. I should treat this as a business deal and nothing more. I reminded myself for the hundredth time that day. I decided to take a shower before going to bed and mentally made a note to be quick as Xavier might come to his room from his study anytime. He was early today unlike the other days were he used to come late from office or his study before going to bed. Even though our rooms are divided by a thin sliding door, we have a shared bathroom unfortunately and I can hear the rustling from his side of the room clearly.

Once I was done with my hot shower, I stepped out and walked into a half naked Xavier who was about to undo his pants in the bathroom.

"Arghhh! What are you doing here?" I shrieked, clutching my towel tighter to my chest. He looked up and his eyes went wide for split second before he cleared his throat.

"I am undressing in my bathroom?" He replied which almost felt like a question. I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm.

"You knew I was in the shower, couldn't you wait till I was done?"

"Relax, I thought you might take a while." He added, lazily as he walked out of the bathroom and I let out a sigh of relief as I looked at myself in the mirror. My cheeks were flushed and I pulled the towel tighter around my body. As I walked outside, I found his pacing around his room, still shirtless and I tried my best to not stare at his defined muscles on his back.

"Did you like the new clothes? I hope they fit you right." He asked, making me stop dead in my tracks in just my towel.

Xavier had asked Lucy to change my entire wardrobe after giving my measurements to her which were oddly perfect. I was in awe of his impeccable taste and I loved every single piece of clothing that he had chose for me. Things like this made me almost believe that he has a heart but then he could be doing all his so that I look presentable in front of media since my clothes doesn't scream luxury and elegance.

"Yeah, they were fine. Thank you and I will be returning all of it once the deal is over."
I noticed his eyes turn dark and he walked towards me with an unreadable expression. He pulled me closer by my towel, making me gasp at his sudden action. My entire body started to tingle and he was just touching my towel.

"You own everything you get out of this deal. Just like how I own you." He looked angry and I gulped down, trying to ignore the strange sensations that I was feeling all over my body, especially between my legs.

"What?"

"You heard me. I own you, Aria. You are my fiancé. Fake or not, you are mine. Everything you do is of my concern and I'm upset you didn't tell me about the internet bullies." He spoke in a dangerously low tone that made my inside shiver in excitement and not fear. What the hell was wrong with my body and how did he know about that? Ginny! Shit! She must had told him out of fear.

And wait did he say 'My fiancé'? and most importantly, why did my heart flutter at those words?

"I didn't think it was a..umm, it wasn't a big deal." I somehow got out the words from my mouth despite being distracted by his eyes and his hands so close to my chest.

"If someone speaks ill of my fiancé, I need to know so that I can take care of it." I wanted to correct him by saying 'fake fiancé' again but I kept my mouth shut.

"Xavier..." I whispered as I felt his hot breath on my face and I didn't dare look up to meet his burning gaze. I could see his Adam's apple bobble up and down and strangely even that was hot. I tried to free myself from his grip but that only made him tighten his hold on my towel.

"I will take care of it. You tell me if anything like this happens again." He commanded and I finally looked up to meet his gaze. He was so tall up close and I felt so small in front of him.

"Xavier, you don't own me. I am just doing what I am supposed to do and these silly comments will go away if we just ignore it." I tried to make him understand in a calm tone as I didn't want to provoke the devil by raising my voice.

"The hell I don't own you. Fuck, go to sleep, Aria before I do something we both might regret." He let go of my towel swiftly and turned away not before, running his eyes all over my body. I came out of my trance state and practically ran to my room, my heart almost beating out of my chest.

Do something we both might regret? What the hell is that supposed to mean?