𝟎𝟎𝟐. monarchs

—𝟎𝟎𝟐. ( the monarchs are over the moon at the yeon heiress' return! )

THE ENGLISH CLASS IS EERILY SILENT as taeri sneaks in through the back door and lightly slings her bag across the back of her chair, without needing to see her face, kim ri-an can tell who the person behind him is, and feels his mouth muscles twitch ever so slightly. he-ra, the airheaded best friend of dear taeri, may not necessarily have noticed taeri yet, but she sure as hell saw the Jooshin heir smiling. her head stays in the same direction, slightly tilted towards him, when she looks behind him and sees yeon taeri — the biggest ball of sunshine in the universe of nepotism.

in most convenient timing, the school bell rings, and kang ha finds himself observing the group of trust funds in front of him. “YEON TAERI!” he-ra screams, nearly falling off her chair to hug the girl in front of her. taeri gives her a slightly awkward pat on the back and a shy smile. woojin finds his eyes opening and closing at a rapid rate. “yeon taeri…in the flesh!?”

he jokingly places his palms together in a praying motion. “father…am I in heaven?” taeri claps her hands together and starts laughing. “taeri, it’s good to see you!” woonhak greets her, cat-like smile present on his face. she merely smiled back in response. if taeri had a favourite in the group of nepo babies, it was definitely not woonhak. she’d only started knowing him last ear, and for some reason, he rubbed off her the wrong way. sometimes it felt like the influence ri-an held made the other boy giddy with power. speaking of ri-an, he was one of the first to make his way over to her after class ended, and, to her surprise, lifted her up in the air and spun her around. at a whopping height of 186 centimeters (or 6’0), the scene looked like it was out of a korean drama that those ajummas would watch to relive their youth.

taeri looked around the room, noticing the absence of her other best friend—jae in. she had grown worried about the other teenager. it was apparent that she had been ignoring everyone, and taeri was worried about this silent isolation of hers.

“still no news from jae-in?” woonhak’s practiced smile faltered ever so slightly, and if taeri hadn’t been so good at reading faces, maybe she wouldn’t have noticed it. the mood becomes somber as the group of five make their way to a more private room, adorned with high quality couches that could cost an arm, a leg, and possibly a kidney, if they were anyone else.

most students at Jooshin weren’t “anyone else”. the thought lingered in taeri’s head for a while. if she wasn’t the heiress to YD Corp (Yeon Diamond Corporation), or the next in line to the SDJ lawfirm throne, could she still call these people around her friends? on stormy nights when her brother and father argued tirelessly, she often found herself pondering that question.

she fidgeted with the tiffany bracelet that rested upon her wrist as he-ra rambled on, with words like “party” and “booze” floating out of her mouth. taeri leaned her head on the person nearest to her, which just so happened to be woojin. like a puppy, the boy’s lips were pulled back into an unashamed grin. however, his moment of euphoria barely lasted two minutes. taeri’s phone started ringing, and when the caller ID tag popped up, she knew she had to take the call.

excusing herself, she smoothened her skirt, clearing her throat as she wandered around the empty corridor, before picking up the call. “uncle! how can I help you?” 

“taeriiii, you’re back in korea right?”

“uhhuh,” taeri replied, not too sure where this was going. “great! go to your general office, I got you a gift.”

a feeling of unease brew in her stomach. her mother’s younger brother, jang hajun, was known for his silver tongue and being able to win every case he was assigned, but when it came to gifts…he was more flamboyant an obvious than anyone else. taeri felt her stomach drop as she wondered what the gift was. still on call with the man, she made her way to the general office, and nearly grimaced when she saw the gift.

“uncle.. you dropped off liquor at an educational facility!” she deadpanned and groaned. omfg this man

her uncle cackled before hanging up, and now yeon taeri had to make her way back to her last class with a bouquet of champagne bottles and roses in her arms.

( timeskip )

granted, the walk through the corridors wasn’t that bad (taeri was unaware that woojin and ri-an would literally beat up whoever looked at here wrongly), and before long, taeri found herself on the bleachers, lying on he-ra’s lap as the two girls brainstormed about their party, and a scholarship student made his way up the stairs. taeri looked at the eye candy shamelessly, making rian clear his throat to draw the attention away from the other male. taeri cocked her head to the side in question as the scholarship students got dragged away by…other scholarship students?

taeri went back to glancing at the high rooftop above her, wondering what to wear at the party. before long, scholarship boy made his return! “hi. I’m kang ha. let’s be friends!”

taeri peaked at the boy in front of from behind ri-an’s back. the hand extended by the boy hadn’t been shaken, and taeri felt kind of bad. seeing that ri-an obviously wasn’t going to react any time soon, his hand moved to a different person.

woonhak’s reaction was even worse. the boys began to walk away, but unbeknownst to them, taeri slipped a strip of gum into kang ha’s palm as she shook it, and he-ra invited him to their party which jae in, who recently won her race with woonhak, would be at!

it was going to be disastrous fun.

hallosssss. pls gimme some feedback on this story so i can find out whether or not to unpublish it for edits 🙏 love yall 💗 xoxo