CHAPTER 24

Nalu’s Point of View

I was in a state of panic as I hurried down the stairs from the second floor of the school building. The reason for my haste was simple: I didn't want anyone to see me in my current state. My blouse was partially unbuttoned, and I was frantically trying to fix it while wiping the sweat from my face.

As I reached the first floor, I was still trying to button up my blouse when I suddenly felt a jolt. I had collided with someone in the hallway.

“Tumingin ka naman kasi sa dinaraanan mo!” I shouted.

Oh! It was Olivia, an evil friend of mine who was known for her sharp wit and keen observation. She looked at me with a mix of surprise and scowl face, her eyes immediately drawn to my partially unbuttoned blouse.

“Hoy, Nalu bakit nakabukas yang butones mo?” she asked, her voice filled with curiosity. I could tell that she wasn't judging me.

“I was just helping a friend, and it was really hot in here and besides, wala ka namang pakialam doon. You don't have to ask anything,” I said, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

“I guess I got a little flustered and didn't realize my blouse was open. Tsaka anong oras na nandito ka pa.” I added.

Olivia nodded, seeming to accept my explanation. She gave me a reassuring smile and said, “Well, wala ka ng pakialam doon kung bakit pa ako nandito sa school ng ganitong oras. You should probably fix that,” Itinuro ni Olivia ang blouse ko.

“before someone else notices. You don't want to give people the wrong impression, right?” Olivia added.

Nang makalabas ako ng gate ng school lumabas tumambad sa akin si Mang Hernan na kanina pa ata ako inaantay sa labas.

“Naku! Mang Hernan pasensya na ho kayo na-late akong lumabas. May ginawa pa po kasi ako sa loob.” Pag hingi ko ng paumanhin sa driver ko.

“Ayos lang po Ma'am. Siya nga po pala bakit para po yatang pawis na pawis po kayo?” Iniabot niya ang towel at agad ko namang tinanggap iyon.

“Mainit ho kasi sa loob. Tara na po at gusto ko na rin pong magpahinga.” Pag aya ko kay Mang Hernan habang nagpupunas ako ng towel sa mukha ko.

Yoshio's Point of View

In the midst of a situation that was both unexpected and deeply personal, I found myself grappling with a sense of confusion and embarrassment. It was a moment that I had not anticipated, and one that would leave a lasting impression on my mind.

I had been in the midst of an intimate encounter with my girlfriend, Nalu, when Cyro Amir had unexpectedly walked in on us. The sight that greeted him must have been quite a shock, as we were both in a state of slightly undress, and I was positioned between Nalu's thighs. I felt a wave of panic wash over me, as I knew that our privacy had been compromised in the most invasive way possible.

As I entered the house, I was greeted by the sight of my children playing in the living room, and my wife, Yome, waiting for me with a concerned expression on their faces.

Their questions about my absence from school only served to heighten my sense of unease.

“Papa, wala po ba kayo sa school kanina?” Tanong ni Mizuki sa akin.

“Nagtanong po ako kanina sa isang estudyanteng babae na nakasalubong ko. Kaya lang hindi raw niya po alam kung nasaan kayo. Kanina pa po kasi kami nag aantay nila mama sa labas e. Balak po sana namin kayong sunduin kain daw po sa labas ng dinner.” Mahabang paliwanag ni Miizumi.

“Where have you been, Yoshio? Kawawa naman ang mga bata pinag aantay mo.” Reklamong sabi ni Yome sa akin.

“Te—teka nga, ang dami niyo namang tanong. Hinay-hinay mag isa lang ako. Hindi ko kayo kayang sagutin ng sabay-sabay.” Angal kong sabi sa kanilang tatlo.