Prologue

---------------------

Many say that university life is the biggest challenge teenagers face until early adulthood. It's full of ups and downs, twists and turns, tears and after joys. The struggles are always present. It's strange how negatively they describe their life as a student because mine?

It's lavishly awesome.

With the school image na meron ako, my academic excellence, school achievements, popularity, undeniable influence in social media, and my title as the campus starlight, I became the role model of our university.

Oh, most importantly, I have the best squad that completes my standard university life. The Elite barkada.

Cool, isn't it?

Well, that's all you get when you attend a prestigious university with an affluent family background, intelligence, and beauty. In short, you have to meet the standard.

The engine hums softly as our lavish car glides to a stop in front of the grand entrance of Evans International University. It immediately captures the attention of the students.

"Nag-aabang na mga fanboys mo sa labas," My kuya said in a teasing tone before wearing his sunglasses.

"So do your crazy fangirls." I smiled sarcastically before stepping out when the driver opened the van's door.

Agad nagtilian ang mga students. Though, the crowd was kinda extra. When I looked around, it made sense kasi nandito na rin pala ang buong barkada, with their own lavish services.

I shrugged and took a step to lead the way; my elite friends followed me. We walked inside the campus, with all the eyes of the students looking at us as if we were royalties. Tili here, tili there. Bulong here, bulong there. Of course, there are also curious eyes from the newbies.

"Sino sila? Bakit pinagtitilian sila ng mga students? Artista?"

"Gosh, Snow. Hindi mo sila kilala? Nevermind. Let me introduce them to you."

I flipped my hair while walking in poise, with my designer handbag crooked in my arm. Ngumingiti at kumakaway ako sa iba.

"That gorgeous girl leading the way is Areum Vellarde, the Campus Starlight. Face of the university kumbaga. I mean, look at her. She's almost perfect and incredibly brilliant. She owns the spot."

Barbie was also waving at some students, lalo na sa mga kasama nito sa dance company ng university.

"That girl naman is Barbie Lavarez. Kagaya ng pangalan, para ring manika ang mukha sa amo. Pero halimaw humataw sa sayawan. She's the Campus Dance Queen."

Charm's attention was entirely focused on her book, not paying any mind to the people surrounding us.

"That cute girl with cute eyeglasses holding a book is Charm Mondragon. Actually ang haba ng buong pangalan n'yan, hihingalin ka kaya stick ka nalang sa Charm. The Campus Charming Bookworm. She's charming with her silent-type personality and bookworm image."

Devyn was looking straight ahead boredly with a lollipop in her mouth, as always.

"That cool girl right there is Devyn Crystal Evans. Take note, she hate being called Crystal so stick with Devyn. She's the Campus Girl Crush. Poganda diba? Lalo na kapag nakita mo maglaro ng volleyball 'yan, nako! Kaso mas pipiliin n'ya ang lollipop kesa sa'yo."

"Let's continue to the boys. Kyah! My hubbies!"

"Bilisan mo nalang introduction mo!"

"Okay, okay! Sa'n na ba tayo? Oh yeah. That boy is Sun Vellarde. The Campus Sporty Captain. Kasing liwanag ng pangalan n'ya ang mata ng mga girls tuwing nakakatira ng tres sa court. He's the basketball team captain in our university and the brother of Areum."

"Those twins with not so identical faces are the Campus Music Hotties, Yoko and Roko. They're quite goofy and pranksters, but they're likable, lovable, and marriageable when performing. Member sila ng university band natin. Yoko is the vocalist, and Roko is the guitarist."

"That boy, holding a charming smile, is Magnus Thaddeus Vellarde, mostly called M. He's the cousin of Areum and Sun. He looks like a goodie boy, right? Because he is. He's our Campus President. Sobrang approachable n'yan, nakakainlove lang."

"The last one is none other than, Soren Maverick Evans. The Campus King. Why king? Well, Parents n'ya lang naman ang owner ng university na 'to. Makes him King of all. Cousin ni Devyn. Sobrang aloof nga lang n'yan. Halos hindi mo s'ya makitang naggagala sa campus."

"They are called the Campus Elite."

Having all of this attention and treatment, we have the best university life. Like, I can't ask for more.

Nabitin ang paa ko sa ere nang mabangga ang noo ko sa likod ng kung sino. That's when I noticed that it was Soren when I stepped backward. Hindi ko napansin na nauuna na pala ito. My lips parted exaggeratedly as I touched my forehead, and our eyes then met.

"Ang bagal mo maglakad. You're loving the attention too much." Ayun lang ang sinabi nito at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad.

Hindi tuloy mapigilang kumunot ang noo ko habang nakatingin sa likod nito. That guy. Minsan na nga lang akong kausapin, so sungit pa.

Weird, right? We're in the same circle, yet he rarely interacts with me. We seldom talk. He is too aloof and always has his headphones on- or maybe he doesn't really like talking to me. Nakikita ko naman siya minsang nakikipag-usap sa ibang barkada namin. Like a real conversation. Not the quick one like we always have. It makes me question tuloy if we are really friends or just typically in the same circle. Sakanya lang ako hindi close. As a social butterfly, I am used to being friends with people I want to be friends with. Kaya hindi ko alam how I was able to adjust to him for years.

Come to think of it, I do have something to ask.

Why is this guy so distant?

------------------------
@Jadeisace