Chapter 2

-----------------------

"LADIES and gentlemen, loving friends and family, let me present the woman of grace, beauty, and sophistication—our lovely debutante!"

Debuts are like magical moments for us women. They symbolize the new chapter of our lives, marking our transition to adulthood. Therefore, the celebration should be meticulously planned to create magical memories for the debutante.

Just like most women, that was one of the life events I have been looking forward to. And of course, I'm Areum Vellarde; I always make every experience extravagant.

With intricate gold details adorning every corner, the venue held in one of the most luxurious hotels in the country owned by my adorable parents—the Vellarde Towers, everything exuded opulence.

To complete the ensemble, I walked on the golden carpet wearing a golden high-low gown designed by none other than myself. Ito ang pinakahinihintay ko sa lahat, ang irampa ang debut gown ko. With the help of Barbie's fashion designer mother, the outcome of my design exceeded my expectations.

Everyone clapped at my grand entrance, followed by the flashes of cameras. I held onto the arms of my handsome escorts, my father and brother, while displaying my elegant smile.

I was savoring the moment until we reached the front. Bumeso ako sa pisngi ni Mommy bago humarap sa lahat, settling myself beside my lavish five-layer golden birthday cake.

As the spotlight shines on me, I knew this birthday would be a new talk of the town.

After singing the happy birthday song, I blew out the candle on my birthday cake, earning another round of applause. The program started after that.

Kagaya ng mga normal na program ang naging program ng debut ko. Welcome remarks, family message, live performances— well, that's the extravagant part pala. My parents took most of my favorite local singers and bands to perform on my debut lang naman. Alam na alam ang taste ko eh. Para tuloy naging concert ang debut ko. Bukod kasi sa mga influential businessmen ay mas maraming guests from my university and other universities na tuwang-tuwa makita ang mga sikat na nagpeperform.

The EIU band also performed, with Yoko and Roko, which excited the EIU students who attended. I requested this type of program. Ayoko kasi 'yung boring na formal type na parang nasa business gathering.

After the live performances, eighteen candles came next.

"I can't believe the youngest of the barkada is now on her eighteenth age. Hindi ka na magrereklamo tuwing maiiwan sa mga pang-adult na lakad," Barbie's dramatic yet humorous message elicited soft laughter from the guests. Pabirong napairap ako, totoo kasi.

I was the youngest. Halos nineteen or turning nineteen kasi silang lahat, tanging kami lang ni Kuya M at Charm ang naiiba. Kuya M was twenty and already in his third year of college, while Charm and I are now eighteen and currently in our first year of college.

"Kidding aside. I wish you a very happy and healthy adulthood, Reum. Always remember that we always got your back. Syempre, spoiled ka eh. Walang makakahindi sa'yo. Happy birthday again."

It was Devyn's turn."Happy birthday, Reum. Eighteen ka na, sana mabawasan na pagiging maarte mo." Mahinang tumawa ito ng sinimangutan ko."Pero alam mo namang mahal na mahal ka namin kahit na ikaw pa ang pinakamaarte, pinakareklamador, pinakaspoiled sa buong mundo, it doesn't define how much we love you."

Ganda ng bawi. Nakuha sa tingin.

"I love you too, Dev!"

Pareho kaming natawa nang isa sa mga male guests ang sumigaw nun.