Chapter 16: "A Dangerous Attraction"

As the figure loomed in the doorway, Emily felt a shiver run down her spine. But to her surprise, she also felt a strange attraction to it. The figure's eyes seemed to bore into her soul, and she felt like it could see right through her.

"Who are you?" Jack asked, his voice firm but shaking slightly.

The figure didn't respond. Instead, it took a step closer, its eyes fixed on Emily.

"Hey, back off!" Matt said, stepping forward.

But the figure didn't seem to hear him. It kept its eyes on Emily, and she felt like it was drawing her in.

"Emily, what's going on?" Sarah asked, her voice full of concern.

But Emily couldn't answer. She was too busy staring into the figure's eyes, feeling a dangerous attraction that she couldn't explain.

Suddenly, the figure reached out a hand and touched her face. Emily felt a jolt of electricity run through her body, and she knew that she was in trouble.

As the figure touched Emily's face, Jack's eyes narrowed in anger. "Hey, get your hands off her!" he shouted, stepping forward.

But the figure didn't seem to hear him. It kept its eyes on Emily, and she felt like it was hypnotizing her.

"Emily, snap out of it!" Jack said, shaking her gently.

Emily blinked, and the spell was broken. She looked up at Jack, her eyes confused.

"What just happened?" she asked, her voice shaking.

"I don't know, but I don't like it," Jack said, his eyes fixed on the figure. "Let's get out of here, now."

As they turned to leave, the figure spoke in a low, husky voice. "You can't escape the darkness, Emily. It's inside you, waiting to come out."

Emily felt a chill run down her spine, but Jack's arm around her shoulders gave her strength. "We'll face whatever it is together," he said, his eyes locked on hers.

And with that, they walked away from the figure, ready to face whatever lay ahead.