Chapter 25: Wait

Next day
"Justin..you called? What happened? Is Asher coming back with you or not?" asks Jake

"Great timing. Why didn't you pick up my call earlier?"

"I was busy. What happened? Are you getting my daughter back to not?"

"I wish I could say yes but she doesn't want to come back with me. Your daughter doesn't trust me neither she believes that we are married. I told her everything, about the accident, about Kai Dante..fucking everything but she chose that bastard over me. Can you believe she chose Marco over me"

"What do you mean Justin? Let me talk to her"

"She won't, that's the problem she doesn't wants to listen. She's in denial"

"I think I and Diana should take next flight and come there, she will listen to us..we are her parents"

"No no I don't think that's a good idea, she's still in denial, she heard me while I told her the story of past 5 months..and yet she said nothing. She said nothing.
Those months I was a mess without your daughter. I am a mess..she keeps me in control, she keeps me happy because she is my happy place. I love her and I want her back in my life."

"I understand you i really do but the fact that you're saying that she doesn't want to come back is starting to piss me off now, do something.
Do something to get her back."

"Wait..wait I remember Marco telling me that Asher asked him a for promise before the other accident while she was with Marco; when her stitches were opened; she asked him not to contact us at any cost."

"Why would she do that?"

"Back then when she was with us..when she didn't have her memories, I was trying to remind her of things, I may have told her that just before the accident, all her cousins lashed on her and maybe she thought that they all hate her..maybe she thought her family hates her, that could be the reason she asked Marco for that promise!"

"You did what? You made a mistake telling her that, now she hates us all, Justin"

"Come on don't blame me..I am just making guesses, you daughter is unpredictable"

"My daughter is your wife as well. She is your responsibility now, so are you going to do something to get her back or not?"

"Of course I am doing, I am trying and I will come back to Italy only with her.
Keep your hopes high because she will come back, she will. I will convince her to come back with me."

"If you say so. I am trusting you on this, Justin.
Just don't break my trust son, I..my family..everyone needs Asher"

"I know I will get her back." and he hung up.

"Marco" says Justin on call.

"Boss, what can I do now?"

"Send me Asher's number"

"I will but she won't talk to you because she isn't talking to me either, she's angry and she won't listen a single thing I say"

"Just send me her number, I know how to convince my wife. I know her and you don't know her."

"If you say so. I sent the number.
And I am sorry sir, I made a mistake thinking she could be mine..ever; somewhere in her heart she remembers you, your name and I think she will remember all of you if we try harder..I will try my best from my side to get her memories back and that's a promise I make to you."

"Marco mate you made quite a promises till date but here's the thing none of them has convinced me till now so stop giving me hope on things you can't do
But if you really want to help, get Asher to the location I text you.."