Chapter 45

Alexandre Allard

Renata had been by Olivia for a while now. Far too long and this felt too familiar. Today marked two weeks and three days that she hadn't been home.

Olivia would give us updates in very few words. After Renata told her what happened, she called and cursed at us. Caleb and I tried to defend ourselves saying she wasn't there which made her more upset.

"Renata? The woman who barely talks to anyone outside of us and a few clients. The same woman who barely liked either of you in the beginning? This is why I said to stay away from her."

Shortly after that, Liv sent us a video of what happened inside. When Renata moved in with us they set up cameras to make sure if anything happened they would have evidence since they both still had few things there for their businesses and their lease wasn't up yet.

I felt- We felt stupid. We watched silently as everything unfolded exactly as she explained. The man's pregnant wife was in the car after feeling drowsy and she clarified it was not Jackson. That we knew. Caleb had tracked him and he wasn't even in New York for the last 5 days.

Half the time I didn't know what to do with myself. I left home to train our men, sort business at the club, and come home. Caleb dealt with whatever business for the hotels and trained also.

At least I knew she was getting help.

At least Olivia even told us anything.

Caleb walked into her studio and sat at her desk. We'd both come in here sometimes to...I don't even know. Feel
closer to her?

We haven't spoken much. Everything was tense and our talks usually ended in arguments so we kept it at a minimum. He wouldn't admit that he was a bit harsh towards her. That he allowed his past to control his actions with her. Then he'd remind me I was to blame as well. It was repetitive and got us nowhere.

He opened a drawer at the desk Olivia bought her and pulled out a visual journal. I have looked through that one multiple times. It was the same one we gave her at the Lakeview property. Nothing much was added. Thinking about it, she said she started our gifts around that time so she didn't have anything new in it.

She put so much into them. I would lie in my bed or sit in my office reading through the poems and looking at the artwork noticing something new every time. But the same reason I loved looking through it, was the same reason it hurt to do so. I fucking missed her.

"Have Liv called today?"

"No. I would've told you, Caleb." I grumbled dragging my hands down my face.

"I fucked up, okay? I was thinking it was happening again. I know she wouldn't cheat but my mind went straight there, Alex. That woman doesn't mean anything to me of course but I immediately remembered the sight of her and that man. It was worse when I saw Renata, the woman I love being held by another man. And I- She- What if she leaves us?"

"Shut the fuck up."

I got up and left him there. I was frustrated too. I played a role. I left her for two months. No answers; nothing. I made her go to a fake funeral that she had real feelings for. We used her. We manipulated her emotions for our gain. I was at fault too. Caleb made sure he told me that.

She never asked for proof of anything we told her. She believed us because she trusted us and when it was our time to believe her, we didn't.

Caleb followed me downstairs, "Alex, you are not innocent in this!"

"I fucking know that, Cal! I am aware! I am sorry for taking it out on you those first few days. I shouldn't have when we both were the problem, but stop saying stupid shit like that!"