CHAPTER 4:|THE ROYAL BALL|

SERBIA

Arin sat down as Theia helped her buckle the silver heeled sandal on her feet.

"I need to redo your toe nails."

"Why? They look fine to me." Arin replied wiggling her toes.

"The colour is fading away."

"Theia the colour is just fine."

"I prepared new extracts yesterday, I'll take care of this tomorrow morning."

"You're just doing it because you find it fun."

"You see through me don't you?" Theia replied with a grin standing up to her full height. Arin stood up from where she sat and stepped in front of the mirror.

"Blue is definitely not my colour."

"You always wear blue and you look lovely." Theia complimented dabbing a little more of the peach pigment on Arin's lips.

"You're just saying this because you're obliged to."

"You know I can't tell a lie, especially to you."

"Where's my gayageum?" Arin asked noticing the empty space near the wall usually occupied by the box containing her favorite instrument.

"I told them to take it out for you, so we wouldn't forget."

"Thank you. You're the best."

"I know."

A knock on the door interrupted their conversation. The door opened and Arin turned.

"You better be in a good mood, I endured a torturing journey to be here." Quince said opening his arms for a hug. Arin ran into his open arms with a wide smile.

"Look at you persimmon. Happy birthday, again." He patted her head looking down at her.

"How much taller did you grow?" She asked sincerely surprised at their height difference.

"Do you still picture me as the Quince on the persimmon tree?"

"Honestly, yes."

"I'm sure I look nothing like that kid."

"Quince, she needs to get ready." Theia said pushing him out of the room. Quince and Theia had developed a cordial relationship after many battles on 'Who is the true best friend'.

"Theia, you are very terrible at showing hospitality."

"I know." She replied with her usual bright smile closing the door.

"We have a lot to catch up on persimmon." He shouted just before the door closed.

"You're no fun. I don't know why I keep you around." Arin complained with a frown.

"We're late and you love me." Theia replied placing the last hairpin in place. Theia took it easy this time mainly because Arin kept emphasizing on the fact that she was not one of the potential brides.