CHAPTER 6:|THE SHADOW ASSASSIN|

"...Don't be afraid
The shadows know me
Let's leave the world behind..."

QUORA

She read through the letter again, swirling the content of her glass cup. Another mission, another adventure, another special visit, another unfortunate victim, another death.

Retrieve the ledger and kill.

|K.|

The directive was short and simple, as always. She looked through the information on her victim, he was a complete bastard. She kept her rules straight, kill only when necessary but sometimes rules have to be broken.

She opened the door which led to her dressing room. She scanned through the hanging clothes looking for the perfect disguise. She picked out a traditional outfit, one that fit her role as a traditional dancer for that night. She selected her usual weapons, the little daggers she was conversant with and a vial of acid.

"Let's crash that party then." She muttered leaving the room, she stopped in her tracks and looked back at the beautiful ball gown hanging on the rack. She wondered what she was hiding, this side of her or that side of her. She shook her head and walked out, closing the door behind her.

The music started slowly with the sonorous voice of the performer ringing through the entire area. Guests cheered from the crowd as the dance began. She moved with every beat of the song, gracefully. Her eyes were fixed on her target, the celebrant of the day.

As she danced, she maintained eye contact with him. He was intrigued by her, very much intrigued. She finally looked away as she was about to end her dance.

"You." He called out to her before she could exit the stage.

"Come here."

She held up her dress as she slowly, carefully walked up to him where he sat in the pavillion. She knelt before him and bowed as a greeting. She raised her head and he locked eyes with her. He smiled gesturing for her to come closer.

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes, she needed to keep up with the act to get her mission done quickly. She stood up and moved closer to him, sitting just beside him. A servant came up to them bringing another bottle of liquor for him. She bowed and quietly dropped the bottle on the table before taking away the four empty bottles.

His eyes did not leave her for a second as she poured his drink. He was very curious about who she was but the way she was covered left a lot to the imagination. Just her eyes, her eyes were very captivating.

"What is your name?" He asked watching her carefully. She didn't reply, she just smiled.

"Where do you come from?"

"I can't disclose my identity, my Lord. I'm just a performer." She replied as sweetly as possible. Her voice alone sent sparks flying in him. He gulped looking away from her and rapidly chugging down the content of his filled cup.

"I'm just curious." He continued reaching to touch her bare neck. Her lips curled up in a smile as she turned to look at him making his hand lose contact with her skin. He frowned at her sudden movement. She raised her hand touching his face softly.

"Since you're curious, I'll tell you." She replied with a small smile. She gestured to him to lean closer to her, he willingly did as she wished.

"Inside. I'll tell you inside." She whispered, he shuddered as her hot breath fanned his neck. He took one more drink from the bottle with excitement and stood up. He staggered a bit holding his head as he felt a little bit dizzy.