Garden

One day, a Spell-caster felt frisky while eating a bowl of fruit, shirtless.

They don't know what overcame them, but they decided to magic a fruit into a person so they could have s—I mean read books!

Notably, they've done this with other things like fish, crayons, even regular flowers but most of the time, they'd get bored and turn them back but this time was different.

They placed a red grape on the ground and pointed their wand at it. In a zap of magic, the grape POOFs! leading it to smoke and sparkle. Suddenly, a naked human-like creature with lengthy grape-red hair appeared. She was very concerned but mesmerized at the same time.

The Spell-caster smiles while they grab another grape. They toss it in the air, landing it in their mouth to impress the creature. 

The spell-caster opened their arms for her to run into but she felt her heart drop as that was her nephew. She looked around quickly and tried to run away.

The Spell-caster tried to grab her waist but she escaped and luckily, with the bowl of fruits.

Since her escape, other Spell-casters were able to see her and make more of these fruitlike people. They named them "Seedlings" because the name was cute.

They saw a common trend with these creatures and that was their love for gardening. They'd often carry around watering cans.

They didn't see this with the flowers but that's because flowers were narcissists when they had their turns but these fruits were more humble because they're not complimented as much as they're eaten. They wanted to leave a good impression so they could keep feeding their buddies.

The rougher treatment seemed to be their unavoidable discipline but it did the trick. The less narcissistic plants always wanted to get up and feed their fellow plants cold and refreshing water on those extra hot days and now, they can. 

They're plant's plants if you will.

The Spell-casters at first only kept them around because they found them cute and helpful to nature but then they actually began talking with them.

They began treating them like family rather than voluntary gardeners.

They gave them happier outlooks on life. They've been seeing the Spell-casters' mistreatment from the Humans and Werewolves for years and they thought it was time they got their share of sunlight.

"Us plants see everything and we just have to say, those other two creatures need to quit mistreating you all"

"That's what we've been saying!"

"We know!"

They told them that they're not evil, they're just different and it threatens them. They've studied the cycle after lifetimes of seeing it unfold. In fact, they started by telling them how happy the use of magic makes them.

Humans in this world are all Rapunzels. They all have long hair and they dress in fancier and brighter attire than the Spell-casters who wear goffik and darker muted attire. They advertise themselves as sweet.

They suspect that the Spell-casters still drink the essence of the youth to stay youthful but they'll never tell.

Most Spell-casters work as warlocks for humans, specifically royalty. In these jobs, they poof things up and make potions for them.

They make fun of the Spell-casters for having rainbow skin tones and shorter hair. They were deemed creepy for their love of goffik and whimsical aesthetics. Even those who checked off their boxes were accused of faking everything.

While humans are bad there's another common enemy of the Spell-casters who've got the humans hooked on their beliefs... Werewolves...

Werewolves believe the moon has sent them on this planet to live by its path. They believe this because the night of a full moon causes them to go feral and feel at all power.

They have nice morals from their list of beliefs, but it also completely shames Spell-casters because "Magic goes against nature's order".

This was when humans began dropping spell-casters and using mechanics, which caused major pollution.

The use of magic (despite popular belief) was a natural resource that the plants adored but thanks to the Werewolves, they had to lay there and suffer. Luckily, the Spell-caster overlords combined their magic to make the globe rain more often. The Seedlings consider it a thank-you gift.

After some time passed, Seedlings and Spell-casters made a society together where they got to live how they pleased without the fear of Werewolves or Humans ridiculing them over such small unchangeable features.

Seedlings rose from wearing peasant clothes to battle gear. Baby Spell-casters and baby Seedlings began sitting side by side despite the MAJOR difference in aging. It became more common to have Seedling babies than Spell-caster babies but they were still being taught magic or at least those interested.

Nowadays, Seedlings wear headwear to keep their hair up and they can be seen with watering cans on their backs sometimes. Even to this day, they're always on the ready to help a plant in need.

Seedlings wear anything now from casual wear to work attire. The beauty standards were unfortunately pushed onto them ages ago so even they are asked to have hair in warmer tones. Apples, Oranges, Bananas, and Strawberries can be seen on magazine covers and in movies.

Another odd thing that transferred was the idea that tougher people, while not looking "weird", are considered superior to others.

This idea goes back to the days where they'd lure humans to Spell-casters. They always found the battle gear and "tougher-looking" people to be badass and the Spell-casters would explain how humans viewed "tough" people.

Suddenly, similar ideas began reflecting onto them. Seedlings can be seen wearing streetwear to seem badass. It's subjective but it's them. It's the equivalent of kids smoking and drinking (which also exists here) to try and feel cool.

Of course, the planet didn't suddenly go to peace. Things like abusive relationships, unwanted pregnancies, and etc. made life desaturate but Seedlings are strong. They've literally seen it all.

Seedlings haven't changed in their happiness; in fact, their happiness watered onto the Spell-casters. They helped them search for water in their already rich soils and even introduced them to fertilizer.

It brings Spell-casters to tears remembering how far these creatures brought them. They thank them with the happiness they gave them.