Prologue

I walked into the store, it was filled with people. They were all getting: food, water, things like any convince store you would see on the side of the road. Everyone there seemed so much more... What's the word? Proper? Nicer? And me you ask? I was wearing my mothers old skirt and a shirt.  My black hair stuck out of the crowd, you could see me from miles away in this crowd of people. 

I looked around for some food for dinner tonight, we were low on food at home and we didn't have much to eat or drink so I had to get something with the little money I had. I went to the back and found some frozen pizza... My mother wouldn't be very found of that though but it was the cheapest thing I could find.

"Yo Asian" a manly voice yelled

I turned around slowly... "[Y-Yes?]" I mumbled

"Do...You...Speak...English" he said slowly

"A little b..." My voice fell again.

I could barely speak English, and every time I did my voice would fall and I would lose what I was saying. I couldn't speak up to this man. He was a lot stronger and had more power in this world. I didn't... To most people I'm just a small little human that just exists nothing else about me is really special to most people.

"Some people are really struggling so can you just hand me the damn pizza"

I knew the word "damn" because most people at my school mention it in there conversations. So I tried finding the courage to speak up again... 

"Sir my-my... family [does not have a lot of money]" I said quietly

"I can't understand you! Aren't you like 4linguel?" 

"ITS [QUADLINGUEL]" I yelled,

I quickly covered my mouth, everyone turned there attention to the back of the store where me and Mr. Whatshisname were auguring. 

"Are you badmouthing me?"

"No sir, its my-my family d..doesn't have... a lot of..." I used hand signals to show money.

"THATS NOT MY PROBLEM!" He said while swiping the food away from me.

"[PLEASE SIR, ITS THE ONLY THING I CAN AFFORD!]' I snapped back.

He balled up his hands like he was about to punch me, I slowly backed away by was cornered into the store corner filled with plastic wrappers and bugs. He walked slowly towards me. No..No I kept repeating in my head. 

Until a woman walked up behind the man,

"Excuse me? Who do you think you are?  Endangering this poor girl?"

"She took the last pizza ma'am"

"You could get arrested for child abuse you know"

"Look ma'am... My mom is suffering from cancer and..and" He broke out the "crying" technique.

"Oh my goodness!! I'm so so sorry. I'm sorry little girl? Can you please give this man a pizza"

"[BUT I'M THE ONE THAT MOVED ALL THE WAY FROM...]"

She gave me a stern look "F-Fine.. You can h..have it..." I mumbled

The man winked at me and said "Thanks kid" With a devious face.

I couldn't believe what I just witnessed! They choose a adult white man over a immigrant Asian girl. I mean I guess it was normally... White people had better rights and was "superior" over every other race. Nobody cares if your Asian, Hispanic, black, Jewish, Hindu, they didn't care about anything! As long if you were born White then people would treat you with dignity and respect.

"[Aki! Did you get any food?]" Hana asked

"[Sorry Hana but unfortunately no..]"

She kicked a rock "[Are you kidding me?! Was it a stupid white person]"

"[HANA!! QUIET DOWN]"

"[Why? Nobody can understand me anyway]"

"[True, but lets go home]" I said grabbing her hand.

"[Aki... How come we are so different then other people?]"

"[Because that's how we were born, and we can never escape it]"

"[Aki, I don't want to be Japanese anymore...]"

I paused and bent down on my knee "[Hana... Why are you saying this?]"

"[Today at school I got bullied again...]"

"[Hana not to bring you down or anything but so is me and Aoki]"

"[ I know but..]"

"[Hana I can't fix this! We are Japanese and will be forever...]" I said quietly.