First Day Back

====

Marinette

====

5 Months Earlier...

"MARINETTE WAKE UP YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL. IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY BACK SINCE YOUR TRIP TO NEW YORK!" Mom yells, trying to wake me up.

Not wanting to get up, I lay in bed still under the sheets. "Tiki, I don't want to go to school today, Adrien is going to be there."

"Are you really going to start avoiding him then? Is this really what you want?" Tikki looks concerned as usual, but this is the only solution I could think of.

"Yes Tikki it's about time I moved on, Adrien's with Kagami now I have to respect that. I just wish I didn't have to see him so soon."

I start getting ready and head down stairs to eat breakfast. After I finish I start walking to school. Mom and Dad looked worried as I was walking out the door, they properly thought something was wrong since I left so abruptly.

I walked to school hoping I wouldn't run into Adrien. After frantically worrying about it during the whole walk there I found myself suddenly in front of the school.

I look around and see Alya and Nino standing there from a distance, letting out a deep breath, I walk up to them. "Hey guys, what's going on?"

"Hey girl,we were just talking about you and Adrien. What's going on between you two." Alya says, smirking and nudging me "Ya you dudes seemed pretty close in New York."Nino Interrupts.

Before I can say anything a bright red car pulls up to the school and everyones in shock as Adrien and Kagami step out of the car.

Alya and Nino both looked at each other and turned around to me. I probably had the most shocked face of all as I stood there in silence.

With a disgusted look on her face Chole says under her breath  "What are those two doing together, that's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous." as she storms off and i'd hate to agree with her, but I was wondering the same thing. It was bad enough I didn't want to see Adrien, but I have to see Kagami too and together.

While all of this was going on, Adrien seemed to have spotted me standing at the entrance, since he suddenly waved at me. I got flustered all of a sudden and awkwardly waved back. I hated how he can still make me nervous and how he makes me feel. I just wish I could fully move on already.

While lost in thought I suddenly hear a familiar voice calling me from afar, I look around and to my surprise it was Luka."Luka what are you doing? Are you looking for Juleka?" I say surprised to see him there.

"Yeah I came to give Juleka a band-aid. She cut herself this morning, but I can't seem to find her anywhere." he said while looking like he was trying to come up with an excuse.

"Really? Is she okay? I can give it to her if you'd like."

"Actually now that I think about it it should've already stopped bleeding by now, it was a small cut anyway, but since I'm already here I was wondering if you uhh w-w-would like to hang out with me this weekend?" He asks, sounding a bit nervous.

I then noticed Adrien and Kagami started walking up to the entrance from the corner of my eye. I could tell Kagami knew I could see them; she just had a look on her face. Before she left she kissed his cheek goodbye while looking back at me with a smirk on her face.

I sensed Luka looking at me with a concerned look on his face "Hey Mari are you okay?"

I then turn to him with a smile on my face, not trying to make him worry about me "Of course, and you know what I would love to hang out with you this weekend."

"Great, then I'll see you this weekend." Luka said with his cute smile on his face.

I start walking to class as if nothing just happened, while I can still see Alya and Nino standing there in silence, looking back and forth, with shocked expressions on their faces trying to process what they had just witnessed from the corner of my eye.

====

Adrien

====

I wake up and start getting ready for school as usual when Natalie suddenly knocks on my door and comes in. " Adrien, I just wanted to let you know Kagami will be taking you to school today."

"Kagami? Why is she taking me to school today? Did something happen?"

Not like I didn't mind it considering she's my girlfriend and all. I just found it weird that she would be taking me to school out of nowhere.

"It's nothing serious as you know your bodyguard has been feeling unwell lately and your father and I have some business to take care of with Kagami's mother. So, we weren't sure who would take you to school today when Kagami's mother suggested Kagami would be able to take you. She's already downstairs waiting for you to try not to take long." She says she's leaving my room.

I packed my things and hurried downstairs since I didn't want to make her wait. I see Kagami and her mother standing at the doorway along with Natalie and my father. I finally reach the end of the stairs and go greet them.

We all say our hellos and Kagami and I head to the car. On the way to school it was kinda awkward then Kagami finally talked first.

" I've been meaning to call you since you got back from your school trip but hadn't gotten the chance to. How was it?"

"Oh! Right, I guess we haven't really talked since I got back. Well, it was really fun. I got to hang out with Marinette more than usual, plus I got to share a room with Nino."

" Oh? Did you spend a lot of time with her?"

"Who? Marinette? I mean, yeah, she's one of my closest friends. Hahaha." Why did her tone sound cold? "Anyways, the city is really beautiful, especially at night."

" Well I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Maybe next time we can go together."

" Yeah I would love that!"

We pull up to the school and Kagami and I get out of the car. As we are standing there I notice Marinette at the entrance, so I wave hi to her when all of a sudden I see Luka show up.

What is he doing here? Is he here for Marinette? Why do they look closer than usual? All of these thoughts start flooding my head and I don't know why, since Marinette is just a friend. Right?

"Adrien." Kagmai says while nudging snapping back to reality. "Are you okay? Who are you looking at?" Kagami asked with a curious tone. "No one. I should get going. I don't want to be late for class. I'll talk to you later."

"Wait, I'll walk you to the entrance if that's okay."

"Umm sure." We start walking up the stairs and make it to the top and before I could say anything Kagami kisses my cheek goodbye. As she starts to walk away I get a bit flustered, but it feels like something is missing.

I brush it off and head inside to class. " HEY WAIT UP! " I hear Nino calling out to me. " Oh hey whats up."

" What was all that about? And why was Kagami taking you to school today?" 

" It's a long story I'll tell you later, let's just head to class."

We get to class and I see Marinette and Alya are already there. Nino greets his girlfriend but my attention switches to Marinette. She seemed different and had a glow about her. She looked really pretty at that moment even though she was always pretty there's just something about her today.