Chapter 14...Winter Holidays

Roses are red—like you, love—
Violets are blue
It sure would be a shame if I couldn't date you;)
- From Harry Potter to Rosemary Stevens

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

The chill of the winter air bit into Rosemary's cheeks as she and her brother stood outside the imposing front doors of Malfoy Manor. The stately home loomed before them, its grand façade stark against the overcast sky. Rosemary clutched her brother's arm, drawing strength from his presence. Though her heart fluttered with nervous anticipation, she wore an expression of composed determination.

"Are you sure we should do this?" Ollie whispered, his breath visible in the frigid air.

Rosemary nodded firmly. "Yes, Draco is expecting us. We can't let the past dictate our future." Ollie and Rose had visited Draco's home a few times over the years the two siblings had known him. However, while they both adore Draco, in the past, their encounters with his parents have not been so pleasant. Although Draco had long ago set aside his prejudice in favor of befriending the blonde Hufflepuff, his parents—primarily just his father—struggled to hold their tongues and often expressed their purist beliefs not-so-subtly at the dinner table. Neither Rosemary nor Ollie had any reason to belief tonight would be different. But regardless, Rose made a promise and intended to keep it, just as she had all her others.

With a deep breath, she raised her hand and knocked on the heavy oak door. After a few moments, the door creaked open to reveal a house-elf, who bowed deeply and gestured for them to enter.

Both Rose and Ollie had to resist the urge to crinkle their noses in distaste at the Malfoy family's blatant display of their partake in slavery.

"Miss Rosemary, Master Ollie, please follow me," the house-elf intoned in a high-pitched voice.

As they stepped inside, the warmth of the manor enveloped them, but it did little to ease the tension coiling in Rosemary's stomach. The interior was grand, almost overwhelmingly so, with high ceilings, elegant tapestries, and an air of cold opulence. And as Rosemary passed through the foyer, a strange thought crossed her mind regarding what Harry Potter's manor might look like. Would it be warm and inviting? What would it smell like? Surely like treacle tart and broom polish. The Potter boy had invaded her personal space enough times for her to know what he smells like—

Rose had to stop herself. What in Merlin's name was she doing?! This was Harry fucking Potter she was thinking about; the guy she had called refused to call anything other than Harry Tosser for the better part of last month after a certain incident in Potions when he "accidentally" poured the contents of his brew down her skirt. This, of course, resulted in her screaming at the boy what a wanker he was. Naturally, Snape gave both of them detention together, which Rose quickly realized was Harry's plan all along, thus earning him his new name.

But ever since witnessing the Potter boy's sweet encounter with Ollie and receiving his thoughtful Christmas present she had found herself thinking of him more and more. No matter how hard she tried to shake him from her thoughts, he had seemed to take up a permanent residence in her mind. Still, stubborn as ever, Rosemary dismissed these thoughts anyways, blaming her newfound feelings on her female hormones and his most unfortunate fortunate looks.

Casting her shameful thoughts away, Rose chose to focus on the evening ahead and followed along quietly with her hands folded neatly behind the small of her back. She and Ollie were led through a series of hallways to a large drawing room where Draco stood, his silver-blond hair catching the light from the chandelier above. His face lit up as he saw Rosemary, and he stepped forward, a welcoming smile on his lips.