Chapter 4

~Lakelyn~
My birthday is now a week away, and everything is almost ready. All the food and decor have been ordered,and I'm getting more nervous by the day. Knowing that one of the guys will most likely be my mate thrills me,but what if they dont see me that way or rejects me. Even thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach. The icing on the cake is the terror of one of them being my mate only to find out that I'm a gretty bitch that wants all of them. I sit on my bed and think about banging my head into a wall.
I'm selfish but I can't help it. Im inlove with all three of them and I dont know if I will be content with one knowing the other two are right there. Me being too much of a pussy makes all matters worse in my case. Getting up and dressing in training clothes I head down to the back of the pack house and down a trail that leads where I usually train with my brothers. Packing my selfish wants into the back of my mind I come up to my brothers who are currently sparing.
The training ring is on about ten acres giving plenty of room for everyone to train or workout. There are three areas where people can spar inside a ring. There is also an area with weights and other equipment to use. Then a emty grass area for other things.
Coming up to my brothers in one of the rings I yell at them" so...." I trail off "who is getting their ass kicked today"? I laugh going under the rope and into the ring. Rome comes up to me rolling his eyes saying'' I would love to show River and you that I could beat both your asses but I am being sommend by dad,and it seems to be urgent". He pats River on the shoulder saying goodluck,but before he gose I ask him what's wrong.
Looking at me, he sighs knowing I'm going to find out either way " dad says some rogues got past borders again. They hit us and Ren's pack, and two of them are still running on the land. They are on their tails though so no need to worry". He turns his back to us walking away,and just as he is out of sight dad sends a pack link message saying for everyone to be careful and to watch for two rogues on the loose.
I turn to River who just shakes his head then nods towards the middle of the ring. River is shorter than Rome even with them being twins but he makes up for it with his speed. We start to train circling each other. He smirks at me "ready to land on your ass baby sister". He then goes for a right hook catching me off guard. I fell to the ground hard,slamming my shoulder into the dirt,and I groaned in pain. My instincts perks up and I quickly sweep my feet twords his,and he goes down harder making me laugh. I put a knee on his chest ready to punch him in the face just for good measure when he taps out while looking over my shoulders.
I turn the direction he is looking but as soon as I do my brother flips me slamming me onto my back. Looking at him I yell "asshat you cheated , you tapped out "! He just laughed and helped me up just as someone walked up behind me making me freeze.Kade walks up tall and broad as ever smelling like cinnamon rolls fresh out the oven.
"Just because it's not fair waterbug, doesn't mean you should let your guard down. Others won't play so fair, you know that '' Kade says with a smile coming closer to me and running his eyes over every inch of me. He chuckles, knowing I despise that nickname he gave me years ago .Then he looks up to my brother and asks "mind if I take over training, I want to teach her a few more things". My brother shrugs his shoulders and starts to pack his things before leaving the ring. "See you later loser, also we all have a meeting later,so I will see y'all there ''River says patting Kade on the back.
I look towards Kade smiling and getting a bit nervous. I've always been shy towards him. He was always very intimidating but as shy as I might be, he has always made me feel safe.
"I have a couple of posiontns I want to show you,and then lets see if you can beat me" he says giving me an evil grin. I meet him in the center of the ring and he shows me some new tricks on how to keep my back safe while fighting. I have trained sence I was young,but that dosent make me stupid to think that I still can't learn more. There will always be new threats and old , the rogues have made that clear. So I continue to train so that I have a better chance if something were to go wrong.
Kade and I train for about another hour befor we take a break to get water again .Looking at me Kade ask " are you feeling better than last night? Lux told us you were struggling a bit with everything coming up". I look at him, not surprised. Lux,Ren and him are all really close in a way that they know eachother in and out. All of them have done almost everything together.
Their bond is something I love about them even their wolves are close, which is very uncommon. All of our fathers are not as close as them and they are pretty much brothers. Going back to the conversation I answere him " I'm alright planning and setup is pretty much done for my birthday and the other this I'm working on". He takes a sip of his drink then gestures for me to follow him to a grassy area. We sit down legs crossed,and I blush a little as he looks at me .
"And how do you feel about meeting your mate?" he asked and I stopped staring at him as he looked at me, eyes almost dark like his wolf was trying to come out. I look at him nervous and blushing even harder " w-well yes but it's still daunting to think about" I lowered my head embarrassed. He brings his hand up to my check caressing it then lifting up my head by my chin. My mouth parts and his eyes dart to it, he breathes out "whoever it is will be lucky to have you and will worship the ground you walk on lake. I have no doubt about it and if they don't you can always and forever come to me for anything".
My brain and heart simultaneously stop all together and Kade chuckles a bit. "Thank you and I hope so I want to be the best mate I can be" I say then I change the subject needing to get out of this conversation. "So I've been working on a newer version of my powers though. I have mastered water but now I'm able to pull it out of things like dirt,and smaller insects" he looks at me surprised
" Well that's something and if you can get total control over it you could use that on the rogues".
Looking at him I shook my head in agreement saying " right and if there was to be a battle or threat I could use it to my advantage"! He looks at me again, his reddish brown eyes glowing more by the minute.
"You surprised me every day lake" Kade said and butterflies sworm my head making it hard to think. We go back to training for an hour or two and then take a walk around the grounds beore heading back home.